24th January 2017, 03:16 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for doing Ph.D after completion of 3 years diploma in mechanical engineering with 76.77 percentage?

I have done 3 years Diploma in Mechanical engineering and passed out with 76.77 percentage. Am I eligible for Ph.D? Can you please guide me with the details on the same? Awaiting to get the response soon as possible. Please guide me.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for government job after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  2. Eligibility to do B.E Mechanical after completion of diploma in Chemical engineering?
  3. Percentage required to join any college after studying diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  4. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Mechanical engineering after completion of B.Tech and M.Tech from AMIE?
  5. Am I eligible to join M.Tech directly after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  6. Am I eligible to do B.E Mechanical engineering after completion of diploma in electronics?
  7. Am I eligible for the position of SI after completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering being a candidate with an age of 22 years?
  8. Am I eligible to join Diploma in Mechanical Engineering after completion of 10th Class? How much salary offered for the candidate after completion of this course? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Which course we can do after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  10. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in English after completion of MA with 48 percentage marks and doing B.Ed?
  11. Which one is better between job and B.E course after diploma in mechanical engineering?
  12. Am I eligible for PhD in Mechanical Engineering at IITs or NITs?
  13. Am I eligible to given IIT entrance exam after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  14. Which branch I can choose to do degree after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering? -- [New]
  15. How to do further studies in US after completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? Percentage required for this?
  16. How may I do Ph.D program either in Mechanical or Management? What's the applying procedure and eligibility criteria for the same?
  17. Can I do B.Tech course in USA after completing Mechanical Engineering diploma course?
  18. Am I eligible for government jobs after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
26th January 2017, 12:24 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

Default Re: Am I eligible for doing Ph.D after completion of 3 years diploma in mechanical engineering with 76.77 percentage?

No,you are not eligible for doing Ph.D after completion of 3 years diploma in mechanical engineering.

As you have completed Diploma in Mechanical Engineering firstly you have to do B.E or B.Tech in Mechanical, Metallurgy, Mechatronics or you can also do AMIE where you can select any branch of your choice.

After you are eligible for Ph.D course.
26th January 2017, 05:01 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for doing Ph.D after completion of 3 years diploma in mechanical engineering with 76.77 percentage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done 3 years Diploma in Mechanical engineering and passed out with 76.77 percentage. Am I eligible for Ph.D? Can you please guide me with the details on the same? Awaiting to get the response soon as possible. Please guide me.
Sorry, you are not eligible for doing PhD after completion of 3 years diploma in mechanical engineering with 76.77% marks. For applying PhD admission one has to possess Master’s Degree in the relevant field with a minimum of 55% marks or CGPA of 5.5 on a ten point scale. The candidates have to appear for a written test and oral presentation before screening committee for the admission to PhD. So you have to study B.Tech and then M.Tech to do research in the subject. Those candidates who have qualified NET/GATE will be preferred for the admission. The PhD programs can be studied in many universities and IITs in India.
26th January 2017, 09:41 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No, diploma candidates are not eligible for Ph.D course.

Eligibility criteria for Ph.D course:-

1)Those candidates who have completed masters from a recognized University with above 55% marks are eligible for Ph.D course.

2)There are no age criteria for Ph.D course.

So first complete your masters degree from a recognized University then you can apply for Ph.D course.
26th January 2017, 11:25 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

No, you are definitely not eligible for doing Ph.D after the completion of your Diploma course in Mechanical Engineering.
The basic qualification required for pursuing Ph.D course is that you must complete your Masters degree course from a recognised University, then only you will be eligible for pursuing Ph.D.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?