10th June 2015, 10:53 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D at the age of 49 years? Will it help for my future?

Completed MCA Scored 8.34/10 CGPA from NIT Jamshedpur in the year 1991. work experince more than 24 years working as CIO currently. Wroked 15-17 years in senior It position. Want to persue Phd please provide detail. Please let me know possible to complete the degree remotely ?

Want to join educational institute after 55 years currently i am 49 years old. Please advise Phd is necessary ?

Thanks and Regards

Subrata Banerjee

Related Questions:
  1. How to prepare for RBI GRADE B officer exam? Please suggest some tips for cracking this exam
  2. Is it difficult to get stipend to study PhD if completed M.Tech at the age of 29 years old?
  3. Am I eligible to do PhD after completion of MBA being in CA articleship?
  4. Can I pursue PhD having 50.7% in M.Com? Age limit to do PhD?
  5. Am I eligible to study PhD in Architecture if completed M.Arch 15 years ago?
  6. Can I clear JRF and do PhD at the age of 32 years having 10 years of Teaching experience?
  7. Eligibility for PhD from a good institute in Indian or Abroad?
  8. After MA what is the eligibility to do PhD? Age limit for Lecturer job in government school?
  9. How may I do Ph.D program either in Mechanical or Management? What's the applying procedure and eligibility criteria for the same?
  10. What are the opportunities in Tamilnadu after completion of CS course? What is the age limit for joining as a lecturer?
  11. After M.Tech from an ordinary college can we do PhD? Which exams to write and how to take admission?
  12. Am I eligible to study PhD in Mathematics after B.E.(CSE)? List of institutes which offer PhD in Mathematics?
  13. Am I eligible for PhD from IIT Delhi after MCA? Is MCA equivalent to PhD?
  14. Mechanical engineer with 4 years work experience is eligible to do PhD in Mathematics? What route to take for pursuing PhD in Mathematics?
  15. Will I be able to appear in class 10th board? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. What are the best colleges for PhD in Mumbai? Eligibility to do PhD?
  17. Any possibility to become an Astronaut after passing B.tech in EEE?
  18. Am I eligible to do Ph.D with 7 years industrial experience?
10th June 2015, 07:40 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D at the age of 49 years? Will it help for my future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Completed MCA Scored 8.34/10 CGPA from NIT Jamshedpur in the year 1991. work experince more than 24 years working as CIO currently. Wroked 15-17 years in senior It position. Want to persue Phd please provide detail. Please let me know possible to complete the degree remotely ?

Want to join educational institute after 55 years currently i am 49 years old. Please advise Phd is necessary ?

Thanks and Regards

Subrata Banerjee
Yes, you are eligible for Ph.D course because you have completed MCA degree.

The educational qualification required for Ph.D exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for Ph.D exam. There is no age criteria for Ph.D course.

You must have valid UGC NET or GATE or CSIR NET score card.
10th June 2015, 09:09 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D at the age of 49 years? Will it help for my future?

Yes absolutely you can do Ph.D with M.Sc. And of course there is No age limit for Ph.D program. But for M.Sc program there is equirement of Age as per the University or College.

Here we are providing you the list of colleges/Universities in India,

<> Indian Institute of Astrophysics

Address : 100 feet road, Koramangala 2B Block, Madiwala, Bangalore,

Karnataka 560034

Ph.No : 080 2553 0675

<> Bose University

Address : Salt lake , College More, EN Block, Setor V,

Kolkata, West Bengal - 700091

Ph.No : 033 2569 3111

<> University of Calcutta

Address : Senate House, 87/1, College Street, Kokata

West Bengal - 700073

Ph.No : 033 2241 0071

<> Central University of Tamilnadu

Address : Central University Road, Tamilnadu - 610104

Ph.No : 04366 220 311

<> NISER

<> Bharat University

<> Anna University

<> Amity University .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?