27th February 2016, 01:42 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for doing Ph.D course after completion of MCA course?

Hi,

I completed my MCA. Now i am interested in doing Ph.D. am i eligible for this. if not what are the other options available.? Can someone please guide me with the information soon as possible? Awaiting for the answer from all over here.
please reply
thanks

Related Questions:
  1. In which filed I should do PhD after completion of MCA? Detailed information, syllabus and list of entrance exams?
  2. In which filed I should do PhD after completion of MCA? Detailed information, syllabus and list of entrance exams?
  3. Am I eligible to do PhD after completion of MBA being in CA articleship?
  4. Which stream I can opt for doing Ph.D after completion of MCA course?
  5. Can I study PhD in IT after completion of distance MCA? Should I have to study M.Phil/M.Tech? -- [New]
  6. Am I eligible for Ph.D from IITs after doing MCA and BCA course? What is the procedure to take admission?
  7. Distance MCA degree holder is eligible for PhD or not?
  8. Am I eligible to study Part Time PhD if completed MCA from IGNOU?
  9. Procedure to study PhD in Abroad after completing MCA?
  10. Career Prospects after completion of MCA course? Which courses I can join after completion of MCA course? Am I eligible for Government Jobs after completion of MCA course?
  11. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in IIT madras after completion of MCA with 8.67 CGPA?
  12. Can I eligible to pursue Ph.D if pursuing MCA from correspondence?
  13. Am I eligible to do Phd in Psychology after completion of M.D in Homeo?
  14. Eligibility to study PhD for an MCA postgraduate?
  15. Eligibility for Associate Professor in colleges after PhD and Masters from distance mode? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Specialization available to study in PhD for MCA candidate? Entrance exam to get scholarship?
  17. Can I do Ph.D next after completion of MCA course? Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Computer Science?
  18. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of MCA in distance mode?
27th February 2016, 03:13 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for doing Ph.D course after completion of MCA course?

Yes, you will be eligible for doing Ph.D course after completion of MCA course.

Academic qualification required to apply for the Ph.D course is Master's degree from a recognized university with minimum 55% marks for General category and 50% marks for the SC/ST candidates.

Admission to the Ph.D course is carried out through entrance exams in some universities and in some other universities without the entrance exam.
27th February 2016, 03:46 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

I completed my MCA. Now i am interested in doing Ph.D. am i eligible for this. if not what are the other options available.? Can someone please guide me with the information soon as possible? Awaiting for the answer from all over here.
please reply
thanks
You have completed MCA course so you are eligible for Ph.D course in Computer Science.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks are eligible for Ph.D course.

There is no age criteria.

You must have valid GATE/UGC NET score card.
27th February 2016, 10:58 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you have got 55% marks in MCA degree then surely you are eligible for Ph.D admission in India. If you belong to reserved category then merely 50% marks is required after relaxation.

Admission will be on the basis of entrance exam and interview conducted by the concerned university. If you have got NET/SET score then you don't have to appear for any other entrance exam. Apply when notification is out.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?