16th January 2019, 03:22 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to pursue PhD(Genetics) for Microbiology postgraduate?

Hi everyone, I am studying MSc in Microbiology course. I am interested to do PhD program in Genetics. So, am I eligible or not to do PhD in Genetics? Please let me know as soon as possible. Thank you!

22nd January 2019, 09:15 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to pursue PhD(Genetics) for Microbiology postgraduate?

Ph.D Genetics Eligibility÷

A Master's degree is required to gain admission to a doctoral program.

As you have completed your microbiology post graduation hence you have to appear in the entrance test in order to pursue PhD in Genetics whereas if you will pursue your until then you won't have to appear in entrance test in order to pursue PHD.

You will have to appear in entrance test such as UGC NET.

Last edited by taputanya; 29th January 2019 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Grammar mistake
22nd January 2019, 10:42 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to pursue PhD(Genetics) for Microbiology postgraduate?

As you have completed your microbiology post graduation hence you are eligible to pursue PhD in Genetics.
The minimum qualification required to pursue PhD in Genetics is that the candidate must have completed Masters course or M Phil from a recognised University with at least 55% marks.
The candidate has to qualify UGC NET examination that is collected by the University.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?