16th January 2019, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to pursue PhD(Biotechnology) for MPharm student?

Hello everyone, I am doing MPharm course. But, I want to do PhD program in Biotechnology. So, I would like to know that am I eligible or not to do PhD with Biotechnology stream as I am a Pharmacy student? Please tell me immediately.

22nd January 2019, 04:18 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to pursue PhD(Biotechnology) for MPharm student?

PhD in biotechnology is a 3 to 5 years doctoral course. Minimum eligibility for pursuance of the course is the successful completion of post graduation in biotechnology, completed from a recognised university.

Admission to the course is based on the round of counselling conducted by various PhD biotechnology colleges after the candidates qualification of a relevant entrance test, such as CSIR UGC NET.
22nd January 2019, 05:38 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can pursue Ph.D only in pharmaceutical biotechnology, which is related to your pharmacy field. For Ph.D in biotechnology, you need to have M.Sc in biotechnology from a recognized university.

Being a pharmacy post graduate, you can do research work in your own field, according to your PG level subjects.
22nd January 2019, 09:30 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

The minimum eligibility required to pursue PhD biotechnology is that the candidate must have completed Masters course in biotechnology or equivalent quotes with at least 55% aggregate marks from a recognised University.
A candidate has to qualified the entrance test that is conducted by the respective University.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?