28th January 2014, 04:28 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for JRF between the age window of 28 and 29 years?

There is written in eligibility, that, age limit for jrf should not be more than 28 years, if i am 28 years and 5 months old at the time of exam , then can i apply?

30th January 2014, 06:04 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I apply for JRF between the age window of 28 and 29 years?

First let me know, to which category you belong to.If you belong to the GENERAL or OC category then surely you are not eligible to appear for the exam.Because for GENERAL candidates there is no age relaxation at all.So if it is the case then you will not be eligible to appear for the Junior Research Fellowship.

Because the upper age limit must not exceed 28 years.So it means maximum age is allowed up to 28 years only.If you belong to the any reserved category among OBC/Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/Women/Physically Handicapped, then only you will be getting the 5 YEARS age relaxation in such case.

You must be an Indian Citizen to be eligible for the Junior Research Fellowships post.The stipend for a Junior Research fellowship can be selected through the CSIR-UGC National Eligibility Test will be Rs.16000 per month,this is for the first two months.

An age relaxation also will be given for the candidates who has research experience,then the candidates will be subjected to the 5 years age relaxation.You must have secured a minimum of 55% in your Masters Degree or else in its equivalent examination.

The selection of a candidates can be made on the basis of the Written test conducted by the CSIR at a national level.This Exam is conducted Twice a Year.So If you belong to the GENERAL or OC category then you will not be eligibile to appear for the exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?