2nd October 2017, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for NET and JRF on the basis of PG diploma in biotechnology?

Sir, after completing my PG diploma in biotechnology. Am I eligible for NET and JRF etc, and please Sir tell me benefit of PG diploma in biotechnology (tissue culture)? Sir give me ideas about what I do? M.Sc or PG diploma in biotechnology?

2nd October 2017, 09:31 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I apply for NET and JRF on the basis of PG diploma in biotechnology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, after completing my PG diploma in biotechnology. Am I eligible for NET and JRF etc, and please Sir tell me benefit of PG diploma in biotechnology (tissue culture)? Sir give me ideas about what I do? M.Sc or PG diploma in biotechnology?

Sorry, to inform you that you are not eligible to apply for NET (National Eligibility Test) on the based of post graduate diploma in biotechnology, because to apply for NET exam minimum qualification required to apply is masters degree from government recognized institute.

>> So according to my opinion you must have to do M.SC and then apply for NET exam.

>> Age limit to apply for NET exam is 24 to 28 years, Relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST category candidates, Relaxation of 3 years for OBC category candidates.

>> For NET exam applicant must have scored 55% marks in post graduate degree course, Relaxation of 5% marks for reserve category candidate.

>> For more details please visit www.cbsenet.nic.in.
2nd October 2017, 11:21 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I apply for NET and JRF on the basis of PG diploma in biotechnology?

The acronym NET stands for National Eligibility Test.

The examination conducting body of NET is Central Board of Secondary Education. This exam is conducted for Junior Research Fellowship and Lectureship.

Eligibility criteria: Master's degree in any stream with minimum of 55% marks in master's degree.

There is no upper age limit for Lectureship and 28 years for JRF.

You can apply for NET and JRF after PG Diploma in Biotechnology. The benefits of this course is:

You can get jobs in chemical industries, bioprocessing industries, agrobased industries, Durg Manufacturing, Plant Breeding etc.
2nd October 2017, 11:59 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

No, you can not apply for NET and JRF on the basis of PG diploma in Biotechnology.
In order to apply for UGC-NET/JRF, you must have to have masters degree in the respective field with a minimum of 55% marks from any recognized university.
So, if you are willing to apply for NET/JRF exams go for M.Sc in Biotechnology instead of PG Diploma in Biotechnology.
The benefit of doing PG diploma in Biotechnology is that after completion of this course you will have both the options, you can go for further studies such as M.Sc in Biotechnology as well as job fields such as chemical industries, Bioprocessing industries, drug manufacturing companies, Plant breeding units, Biotech companies, etc.
3rd October 2017, 09:00 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am very sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for the NET or JRF examination after the completion of Post Graduate Diploma course.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree in Biotechnology from a recognized University scoring a minimum of 55 percent of marks in it are eligible to appear in the NET examination.
So, you must complete your Masters degree in the same to be eligible for the NET examination.
8th October 2017, 08:10 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No, PG diploma in biotechnology degree holder candidates are not eligible for Ph.D course because PGDM course is not equivalent to masters degree course.

If you have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from a recognized university, then you are eligible for Ph.D course.

There are no age criteria.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?