15th June 2022, 04:51 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for PhD after completing MCA from correspondence?

I have done MCA from correspondence , am I eligible for PhD program or net exams

15th June 2022, 06:56 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for PhD after completing MCA from correspondence?

Yes, you are eligible for pursuing Ph.D programmes as well as for appearing UGC NET even having completed your MCA degree course in correspondence mode of education provided your university offering MCA degree is approved for offering MCA degree in distance mode and you have managed to secure at least 55% marks in aggregate (or 50% marks in aggregate in case you belong to reserved category) in your MCA degree.
18th June 2022, 04:16 PM
Aiman Afifa
Senior Member+++++

Yes,why not there is no problem you can do PhD after completing MCA from Correspondence.

Qualification required for PhD is, candidates must have a post graduate degree from a recognised university.
18th June 2022, 05:08 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are applicable for PhD course.

If you want to do PhD after MCA from IGNOU, then you must have qualified NET exam and scored a minimum of 50% in MCA.

If you are applying for PhD after MCA in IIT, you must have a valid GATE score as well as 6.0 CGPA in your master's degree.
18th June 2022, 05:17 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are applicable for PhD course.

If you want to do PhD after MCA from IGNOU, then you must have qualified NET exam and scored a minimum of 50% in MCA.

If you are applying for PhD after MCA in IIT, you must have a valid GATE score as well as 6.0 CGPA in your master's degree.
20th June 2022, 01:18 AM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for PhD after completing your MCA from correspondence. You will need GATE or NET scores to apply for PhD at any university in India. Some universities also conduct their own entrance examinations for the admission process. The educational qualification required is a candidate must have passed MCA with a minimum score of 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?