28th January 2019, 01:38 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for UGC-NET(Social Sciences) with 53% in MA(Sociology)?

Hi friends, I want to apply for UGC-NET with Social Sciences. I have secured 53% marks in my MA with Sociology. So, can I apply for UGC-NET with this subject with this percentage of marks? Kindly tell me immediately.

6th February 2019, 11:36 PM
EducationConsultant

Default Re: Can I apply for UGC-NET(Social Sciences) with 53% in MA(Sociology)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi friends, I want to apply for UGC-NET with Social Sciences. I have secured 53% marks in my MA with Sociology. So, can I apply for UGC-NET with this subject with this percentage of marks? Kindly tell me immediately.
Those aspirant who have obtained a master’s degree in Sociology or equivalent degree with at least 55% marks (50% marks for SC/ ST / OBC – Non Creamy Layer / Persons with disability) from a recognized university are eligible to apply for the UGC-NET (Social Sciences).

Aspirants who are appearing in the final year or semester examinations are also eligible to apply for the UGC-NET examination. Therefore, if you fulfill the above requirements, then you are eligible to apply for UGC-NET (Social Sciences).
8th February 2019, 05:05 PM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible apply for UGC-NET(Social Sciences) with 53% in MA(Sociology), if you belong to the reserved category. Candidates must have secured at least 55% marks (for general candidates) in the Master's exam to be eligible to appear in the UGC-NET(Social Sciences). SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates can get 5% relaxations in the qualifying examinations to apply for UGC-NET(Social Sciences).
15th June 2021, 10:07 PM
Singhskomal

According to UGC NET rules minimum 55% required in master's degree with recognized University after that you can appear for UGC NET exams...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?