29th April 2012, 01:10 AM
PARooL GUPTA

Am I eligible to apply for UGC NET exam after passing PG in Life Sciences?

Hello sir.... i am postgraduate in life sciences. Am i apply for UGC NET EXAM 2012.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for UGC CSIR NET exam in life sciences? I have completed MSc Zoology
  2. Can I apply for UGC-NET(Environmental Sciences) if completed M.Phil in Environmental Technology and PG in Biotechnology?
  3. Is Msc Computer Science Student eligible for writing CSIR-UGC Net Exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Solved Question Papers for CSIR UGC NET Exam in Life Sciences?
  5. Eligibility to appear in CSIR UGC NET joint test for LS in Engineering Sciences? -- [New]
  6. Eligibility to appear in CSIR UGC NET(Environmental Science/Life Science) if completed M.Tech in Environmental Science & Technology? Am I eligible to become a Lecturer for Life Science or Environmental Science?
  7. Can I apply for UGC NET exam under the subject physical sciences
  8. What is the syllabus for CSIR UGC NET life science? I am a Jr Lecturer in Zoology in government college
  9. What should I do for Professorship after M.Sc in Biotech?
  10. Best Books and Study Materials to prepare for CSIR UGC NET Exam in Life Sciences?
  11. Model question papers of UGC NET CSIR Life Sciences Exam?
  12. Can I apply for UGC NET after completing PGDIT from Symbiosis college?
  13. How can I apply for UGC CSIR NET in Chemical Sciences? I have done BSc in Chemistry
  14. Life Sciences and Education solved question papers of last 5 years for UGC-NET and SLET
  15. Am I eligible to apply for UGC NET? I have done MBA with specialization in finance
  16. Model question papers of CSIR UGC NET exam for Life Sciences?
  17. Which are the UGC NET coaching classes for life sciences in Nagpur?
  18. Can i apply for CSIR UGC Joint NET exam through engineering sciences?
29th April 2012, 01:45 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for UGC NET exam after passing PG in Life Sciences?

The NET for science subjects is not conducted by UGC.
NET for science subjects is conducted by CSIR (Council of Scientific & Industrial Research).
There are five subjects that come under CSIR-NET examination which are
Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Life Sciences and
Earth Sciences.

You should apply for CSIR-NET.

The last date to apply for CSIR NET June 2012 examination has been passed already.

You can apply for CSIR NET December 2012 examination.
The application process for the same should start in the month of September.
The notification for the same, is published on CSIR website.

http://csirhrdg.res.in/
29th April 2012, 02:17 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for UGC NET exam after passing PG in Life Sciences?

As you are pursing P.G. in Life Science after which you can apply for CSIR NET.

CSIR NET - COUNCIL FOR SCIENTIFIC AND INDUSTRIAL RESEARCH NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY TEST conducted by CSIR twice a year for selection of Lectureship and award to Junior Research Fellowship(JRF).

The eligible candidate must be an Indian national having completed Post Graduation Degree with 55% marks(50% for SC/ST candidate) from a recognised University above the age of 19 years in any of the following subjects is eligible to apply for CSIR NET:-

-EARTH SCIENCE
-CHEMICAL SCIENCE
-LIFE SCIENCE
-PHYSICAL SCIENCE
-MATHEMATICAL SCIENCE

There is no upper age bar for those applying for Lectureship but those applying for JRF should be within 28 years of age.

For more information you may log on to http://www.csirhrdg.res.in
29th April 2012, 06:58 PM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

Last date to apply for 26th June 2012 examination is 30th April 2012.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test.

UGC conduct the examination twice in a year.

This examination is conducted for the Junior Research Fellowship and Lecturer ship.

Minimum Eligibility For applying in NET examination

• Post Graduation degree in the subject from recognized university
• 55% marks in Post Graduation.

for more info visit website

www.ugc.ac.in
14th May 2012, 10:44 PM
Unregistered

I have done B.SC(H) zoology, followed by CA. am I eligible to give NET exam?
26th June 2012, 02:25 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

CSIR NET - COUNCIL FOR SCIENTIFIC AND INDUSTRIAL RESEARCH NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY TEST conducted by CSIR twice a year for selection of Lectureship and award to Junior Research Fellowship
The eligible candidate must be an Indian national having completed Post Graduation Degree with 55% marks(50% for SC/ST candidate) from a recognised University above the age of 19 years in any of the following subjects is eligible to apply for CSIR NET,There are five subjects that come under CSIR-NET examination which are
Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Life Sciences and
Earth Sciences.

You should apply for CSIR-NET.

The last date to apply for CSIR NET June 2012 examination has been passed already.
You can apply for CSIR NET December 2012 examination.
10th August 2012, 03:49 PM
Unregistered

what are books to follow for csir-net?
I am pursuing Msc Zoology,2nd year
20th September 2012, 01:30 AM
Unregistered

sir, i have completed bsc zoology and now doing pg in aquatic biology and fisheries. am i eligible for NET and SET? is NET AND SET difficult to get if i study aquatic biology?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?