13th June 2021, 07:01 PM
Unregistered

Can I become a Professor by doing MSc IT instead of MTech IT?

Hello Sir, I have done B.E IT from a normal college and worked as a software engineer for 5 years now. Due to some family reasons, I would like to pursue my career as a professor in some good college (private or govt). I am not in a position to leave my job now, hence I have taken up MSc IT. Since no good college was providing MTECH IT. Please let me know will I be able to achieve my goal. Or should i have opted for some other Masters Degree. Also please let me know what is the starting salary scale for a professor.

Kindly guide
Warm Regards

14th June 2021, 06:17 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become a Professor by doing MSc IT instead of MTech IT?

The candidate can become a professor by doing MSc IT instead of MTech IT in India. Since, the eligibility criteria says that he or she should have completed post-graduation in relevant subject with minimum 55% marks from any recognized university. The age limit to become a professor through UGC NET is 28 years.
14th June 2021, 06:17 PM
Msdhoni02

You can become a Professor in any Government college after completing M.Sc through NET exam . NET stands for National Eligibility Test . It is an entrance examination conducted at national level for the candidates who wishes to get teaching jobs in government university.
15th June 2021, 10:56 AM
aditya_ro
Senior Member++++

Yes, You can be a Professor by doing MSc IT instead of MTech IT.

You should complete MSc IT with minimum aggregate of 55%.

Appear and crack UGC NET/CSIR/ GATE exam.

On the basis of score of any one exam mentioned you will be eligible to apply for the position of professor in any good college.

If you could interview than you will be recruited as professor.
15th June 2021, 12:02 PM
Singhskomal

After M.sc IT with minimum 55% with recognized University as (private or regular student) after that you are eligible for UGC NET (National eligibility test) its a entrance test to get admission in ph.d(doctors in philosophy)...
15th June 2021, 09:55 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Applicant has to obtain a Ph.D. degree to work as an assistant professor at entry-level by direct recruitment in University level or college-level teaching in the engineering field. If you have just a master's degree i.e. M. Tech. or M. E., you will be given lecturer designation under new MHRD rules.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?