10th February 2022, 09:07 PM
Unregistered

Can I get a PhD degree after BSc with microbiology?

11th February 2022, 10:59 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get a PhD degree after BSc with microbiology?

°°° No, it is not possible to get a PhD degree after completing Bachelor of Science with microbiology because in order to pursue PhD degree, the candidate should have minimum educational qualification of masters degree course or M.Phil from a recognised University in the respective discipline in which you want to pursue PhD.

If you want to pursue PhD then, I would like to suggest you to complete your masters degree microbiology then, only you will be eligible to take admission in Doctor of philosophy course
11th February 2022, 11:27 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

Can I get a Ph.D. degree after BSc in microbiology?

The candidate can not pursue Ph.D. right after the graduation course in India. The candidate must have a post-graduation course with a minimum of 55% marks from any university to get admission to Ph.D. The candidate can pursue the PhD after graduation in other countries like the US, UK, etc.

The duration of the course is between 2 to 5 years.
13th February 2022, 08:19 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

No for PhD candidate must have Masters degree in relevant subject with atleast 60% marks from a recognised board.

They must have cleared any of the National level entrance exam like
NET
SET
UGC NET
CSIR UGC NET etc
if a candidate has cleared any of the above exam , they can directly appear for interview.
13th February 2022, 10:37 PM
Msdhoni02

The required minimum qualification for admission to a Ph. D Program shall normally be a two years Master's OR M. Phil Degree from any accredited Indian or Foreign University in the relevant field.

She/he must have obtained 55% marks or Equivalent Grade in the Master's.

He or she must be an Indian citizen.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?