20th April 2016, 11:30 AM
Unregistered

Can I study PhD in Chemistry being an Electronics Engineering postgraduate?

Hello Sir,
I have done M.Tech in Electronics Engineering. I would like to know that can I do PhD in Chemistry? Kindly let me know about this immediately.

21st April 2016, 07:02 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study PhD in Chemistry being an Electronics Engineering postgraduate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir,
I have done M.Tech in Electronics Engineering. I would like to know that can I do PhD in Chemistry? Kindly let me know about this immediately.
You have done M. Tech in ECE, so you can't do Ph.D in Chemistry subject.

You can do a Ph.D course in ECE so you can apply for UGC NET/ GATE exam. Your master's degree marks must be above 55%.
30th April 2016, 10:35 PM
onemdindus

Default Re: Can I study PhD in Chemistry being an Electronics Engineering postgraduate?

You are not eligible to study PhD in Chemistry being an Electronics Engineering postgraduate.

You can opt for Ph.D or M.S in the same stream of your Post graduation.

You can either try for CSIR or UGC NET examination to opt for junior research fellowship or higher studies.

Most of the top colleges in India admits students for Ph.D based on the entrance examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?