2nd March 2018, 12:22 AM
Unregistered

Difficulties to get admission in PhD program if having academic gaps?

Hello, I am studying in M.Sc(Computer Science). I have completed 12th and drop a year then take admission in B.Sc(Computer Science) then again I have a gap of 1 year after my Graduation for M.Sc program. So, I face some difficulties for admission in PhD admission?

15th March 2018, 04:55 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Difficulties to get admission in PhD program if having academic gaps?

No, you will not face any difficulties for the admission in Ph.D course having gaps in your academic career. Since, you are studying M.Sc in Computer Science, after the completion of the said course, you can very much apply for the Ph.D course in the relevant field. You must have scored a minimum of 55% of marks in your M.Sc course to be eligible for Ph.D admission.
15th March 2018, 06:37 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Difficulties to get admission in PhD program if having academic gaps?

No, you will not face any difficulties in the time of admission in PhD course if you have any academic gap.

Eligibility criteria for PhD are:-
Candidate should have completed Master's Degree course with at least 55% from any recognized university.
15th March 2018, 07:29 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

No, there is no problem in seeking admission to PHD course. Only criteria to get admission in PhD is that candidate must have completed Masters course in relevant field with minimum 50% marks from recognised University and has to qualify the UGC NET examination.
15th March 2018, 07:35 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria to pursue PHD:

- One must have completed Masters course with minimum 50% marks in aggregate from a recognised University

- Candidate needs to qualify the entrance exam of the university in which he or she wants to pursue PHD.

Exams:

- IGNOU

-NET UGC

- Amity University
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?