26th October 2014, 04:31 PM
Unregistered

Direct admission in PhD after M.A. and M.Phil?

I did m.a english with 61%. then i did m.phil also. but i could not complete the m.phil based on some circumstances. i can do the phd in regular college with m.a qualification. please guide me.

30th October 2014, 08:16 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Direct admission in PhD after M.A. and M.Phil?

Yes, you can apply for Ph.D admission on the basis of your M.A qualification. You have got above 55% marks in Master's degree and you can definitely apply for most of the Ph.D entrance examination conducted by various universities in India. The admission is purely on merit.

Master's Degree holders with UGC NET score or SET score are exempted from the entrance exam and will be given admission on the basis of NET/SET score. Also, those who have M.Phil qualification or a teaching fellowship in their respective field are also exempted from the entrance examination.

Therefore, if you want to get admission in Ph.D, then be prepared for the entrance exam or use your UGC NET/SET score, if you have qualified it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?