11th October 2021, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

Distance Mphil is approved by UGC?

Resp. sir,
My self veena rani singla passed MPhil from vinayka mission in july 2008 from gayan joyti information center my registrations no 607013070584 in Punjab vpo sardulgarh dist Mansa . Now i am at govt teacher and our department send me latter regarding my MPhil degree , which they want to know , weather at that time you have approval of MPhil by UGC and that particular center for distance education was a approved center by UGC . Kindly send me the document if you have any , and I there is any fee for that that I shall pay via DD, respected sir now my job is in your hand ,kindly take care the matter vary urgently I shall be vary thankfull to you.
yours faithfyll
veena rani single.

12th October 2021, 01:00 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Default Re: Distance Mphil is approved by UGC?

The UGC has banned the distance education of the MPhil Courses in 2016. However, the MPhil course from IGNOU and other state open universities are still valid.
13th October 2021, 12:50 AM
Shamaila parween

Yes, Distance MPhil is approved by University Grants Commission (UGC).
13th October 2021, 11:42 PM
periwinkle09876

The University Grants Commission has banned the distance education of the M Phil courses in 2016.
However, the M.Phil course from Indira Gandhi National Open University and other state open universities are still valid.

Official website for more information
http://ignou.ac.in
14th October 2021, 01:32 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

No. It is not approved by UGC. As per UGC norms in 2016, no affiliated university was allowed to offer distance learning for PhD and MPhil courses.

Secretary of UGC Jaspal Sandhu said, “Students are advised not to take admission in any MPhil and PhD course offered by any university or institution through distance learning.”

To get further more details about that you can google it.
14th October 2021, 01:33 PM
Dip Mali
Junior Member+

Distance Mphil is approved by UGC:--

[As per UGC norms in 2016, no affiliated university was allowed to offer distance learning for PhD and MPhil courses].
So,
***Secretary of UGC Jaspal Sandhu said, “Students are advised not to take admission in any MPhil and PhD course offered by any university or institution through distance learning.”
14th October 2021, 09:16 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

As per UGC norms, affiliated university was allowed to offer distance learning for PhD and m Phil course.
Secretary of UGC said " students are advised not to take admission in M.Phil or PhD course offered by any university or institution through distance learning."

it is informed that the UGC has allowed Indira Gandhi National open University and some other state open universities to conduct M.Phil/PhD courses in full time or part time mode.
15th October 2021, 10:58 AM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

°°° The University Grants Commission has banned the distance education of the M Phil courses in 2016.
However, the M Phil course from Indira Gandhi National Open University and other state open universities are still valid.
As per notification of HRD Ministry universities offering Distance Education courses will now be regulated under the University Grants Commission ODL regulations 2017.

°°° For more information you can visit the official website
http://www.ugc.ac.in
15th October 2021, 07:53 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Universities that are offering M.Phil through distance mode will now be regulated UGC regulations .
Thus it's recognised under UGC.
They offer it in full time mode.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?