8th August 2021, 12:34 AM
Unregistered

Educational qualification required to become a Scientist? Can I be a scientist in government institute?

Sir/Madam, I am a student who studied biology, chemistry, physics, maths in my 12th std. I would like to be a scientist who does a research on cancer, and I'm joining B.Sc. zoology as i'm much interested in zoology and botany. can I be a scientist after M.Sc zoology?. Or do I have to appear in any exams to get a job as scientist in government institute? .Please help me to take a decision.

9th August 2021, 05:04 AM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Educational qualification required to become a Scientist? Can I be a scientist in government institute?

The educational qualification required to become a Scientist after 10+2 is you need to choose the branch of biology such as zoology, botany, microbiology, etc then choose the discipline within these like morphology, anatomy, physiology, cell biology, molecular biology, developmental biology, biochemistry, biophysics, environmental biology, evolutionary biology, and genetics and obtain a master's degree with research work which will turn you into a scientist.

Yes, you can become a scientist in a government institute and the minimum educational qualification requirement is a candidate must have passed BE/BTech/MSc in their related fields, the higher studies the chances are more. You need to do the research and should get involved in grouped research activities to find the solution. There are many institutes and organizations under the Department of Science and Technology. Some of the reputed institutes where scientists can look for jobs are given below.

Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC)
Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR)
Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)
Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO)
Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM)
10th August 2021, 03:41 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Default Re: Educational qualification required to become a Scientist? Can I be a scientist in government institute?

Eligibility to become Scientist:-

1- Candidates must remember that they need to have a Bachelor degree from reputed college or institution.

2- Graduation must be in any of the Science stream that the candidate wants to pursue for the purpose of specialization.
11th August 2021, 05:56 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

The basic eligibility to be a scientist is as follows:-

Candidates must have a bachelor's degree from a reputed college or an Institution.
Graduation must necessarily be in the field of science.
Candidates are required to score a minimum of 60% in their graduation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?