30th August 2018, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study PhD(Dalit and Minorities Studies) in Jamia Millia Islamia?

Hi, I am a student of MPhil with Political Science stream. After completing my MPhil with Horticulture, I want to do PhD in Dalit and Minorities Studies. Can I know my eligibility to do PhD(Dalit and Minorities Studies) in Jamia Millia Islamia?

7th September 2018, 08:37 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study PhD(Dalit and Minorities Studies) in Jamia Millia Islamia?

For Ph.D in Dalit and Minorities studies, you need to first have a masters degree in the same stream with at least 55% marks. If you have MPhil degree in political science and horticulture, then it will not make you eligible for Dalit and minority studies stream. Hence, make sure you have the right qualification for admission.
12th September 2018, 10:53 AM
Anwesha Banerjee15

Default Re: Eligibility to study PhD(Dalit and Minorities Studies) in Jamia Millia Islamia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I am a student of MPhil with Political Science stream. After completing my MPhil with Horticulture, I want to do PhD in Dalit and Minorities Studies. Can I know my eligibility to do PhD(Dalit and Minorities Studies) in Jamia Millia Islamia?
A master's degree in relevant discipline with a minimum of 55% in aggregate. Candidates are required to give an entrance exam conducted by the university followed by an interview. However, candidates having UGC JRF/SLET or M.Phil in relevant subject are exempted from the written exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?