8th September 2018, 10:48 PM
Unregistered

Is there any entrance exam available to study PhD(Applied Mathematics) in GITAM Institute of Science?

I have an interest to study PhD(Applied Mathematics) in GITAM Institute of Science. Can anyone of you kindly tell me that is there any kind of entrance exam i have to appear for studying this course in this institute? Kindly let me know asap.

10th September 2018, 02:58 PM
Anwesha Banerjee15

Default Re: Is there any entrance exam available to study PhD(Applied Mathematics) in GITAM Institute of Science?

Yes they conduct their own PhD entrance exam. However, candidates having a valid score in any of NET/ICMR/GPAT/GATE etc. are exempted from the examination.
10th September 2018, 02:59 PM
Anwesha Banerjee15

Default Re: Is there any entrance exam available to study PhD(Applied Mathematics) in GITAM Institute of Science?

DETAILS OF THE ENTRANCE TEST
1. The Syllabus for the entrance test can be downloaded from website www.gitam.edu
2. The syllabus shall have 50% coverage on Research Methodology and 50% on specific
subject.
3. The duration of the test is two hours.
4. The test comprises of a combination of conventional & objective type questions.
5. The maximum marks for the written test is 160 (80 for Research Methodology and 80 for
specific subject).
6. Candidates who secure 50% in the written test shall be eligible for interview.
7. Interview is conducted for 40 Marks.
8. The merit list for admission shall be prepared on the basis of marks obtained together in
the entrance test and interview.
10th September 2018, 06:33 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you have got scores like NET/SET/GATE/JRF, then you don't need to appear for any Ph.D entrance exam. Hence, it will be better, if you crack any one of these exams first.

If you haven't got any of these score, then you need to appear for university Ph.D entrance exam. Just keep track of concerned university notification for Ph.D admission.
11th September 2018, 05:10 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have an interest to study PhD(Applied Mathematics) in GITAM Institute of Science. Can anyone of you kindly tell me that is there any kind of entrance exam i have to appear for studying this course in this institute? Kindly let me know asap.

Yes, there is an entrance examination available to study PhD Applied Mathematics at GITAM Institute of Science. Those who have obtained MSc degree in Applied Mathematics or Mathematics or Statistics or Physics or MCA or MTech/ME in any branch of engineering are eligible to apply for the admission to study PhD Applied Mathematics at GITAM Institute of Science. Candidates have to clear the PhD admission test and interview for the admission to study PhD Applied Mathematics at GITAM Institute of Science. Candidates can find the details in the website link given Click Here
13th September 2018, 12:43 AM
chaithramsamapath

Yes there is an entrance exam you must take in order to study PhD in GITAM:

Details of the entrance exam is mentioned below:

1.The Syllabus for the entrance test can be downloaded from website college official
website.
2.The syllabus shall have 50% coverage on Research Methodology and 50% on specific
subject.
3.The duration of the test will be 2 hours.
4.The test comprises of a combination of conventional & objective type questions.
5.Test will be for total 160 marsks written test (80 for Research Methodology and 80 for
specific subject).
6.Candidates who secure 50% in the written test shall be eligible for interview.
7.Interview is conducted for 40 Marks.
8.The merit list for admission shall be prepared on the basis of marks obtained together
in the entrance test and interview.

Hope this will help
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?