2nd February 2015, 09:14 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study PhD(English) in Central University of Tamil Nadu, Thiruvarur for English postgraduate?

Sir/Madam,
I have studied M.A.English
through Annamalai Open University.
Now I want to do PhD in English
through central university, Tamil Nadu, Thiruvarur.
What is eligibility criteria to do
PhD in English at this university

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for government jobs in Tamil Nadu? I completed my 10th, diploma(With ECE stream) and DOA from Tamil Nadu. I have done my B.Com(CA) from Tamil Nadu Open university. Would my B.Com degree be considered by Tamil Nadu government?
  2. In Chennai which are the colleges offering sports quota?
  3. If I continued my studies in KV till 12th then will it be difficult for me to join degree colleges? Will i get admission in MBBS/Engineering colleges in Tamilnadu at par with students of Tamilnadu?
  4. List of Universities along with their details offering part time external Ph.D(English) course in tamil nadu?
  5. List of the best colleges in Chennai for B.Com?
  6. Is a candidate passed 10th from abroad and 12th from Tamil Nadu, eligible for NRI quota? What's the eligibility criteria for Tamil nadu engineering college counselling?
  7. Is it mandatory to study continuously 5 years for admission in B.E. course at Tamil Nadu?
  8. What is the location of statistics course in Tamilnadu?
  9. Eligibility criteria for admission in Govt. engineering colleges of Tamil Nadu?
  10. Colleges providing direct admission for M.Phil Computer Science?
  11. List of colleges for doing M.Sc. and M.Phil. in computer science? Can I do Ph.D. just after B.Sc. in computer science? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Names of the colleges integrated MSc course in Chennai?
  13. Best institutes for CA in Chennai?
  14. How many preceding years a person has to study in Tamil Nadu to qualify for their Engineering Couselling conducted by Anna university? What is the criteria for Mahraastra engineering entrance exam?
  15. Date of TANCET Exam? When to get application forms for this Exam?
  16. What's the eligibility Criteria for Getting Admission in Govt. Engineering college of Tamil Nadu? I've completed my 10th from Kendriya Vidyalaya and 10+2 in Secondary Education, Govt. of Kerala.
  17. Guidance to join Ph.D in Nanotechnology after completion of PG in Chemistry? List of Institutes offering this course? Which Entrance Exam I should give for this?
  18. Tamil Nadu Open University, B.Com. Second Year Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
2nd February 2015, 11:02 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study PhD(English) in Central University of Tamil Nadu, Thiruvarur for English postgraduate?

If you have got 55% marks in your M.A degree then you are definitely eligible for Ph.D admission. There is relaxation of 5% marks for candidates who belong to reserved category. Admission is mostly based on the performance in the entrance exam and interview. If you have qualified exams like NET/SLET or have M.Phil degree or a teaching fellowship then you can apply for admission without any entrance exam.

Therefore, apply according to your qualification. If you have to appear for entrance exam then be prepared for it because number of seats are very less and competition is very high in top Universities.
17th September 2016, 09:37 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Eligibility to study PhD(English) in Central University of Tamil Nadu, Thiruvarur for English postgraduate?

Sir /Mam I have completed my M.A English Lit.Can I join Phd directly.I have lot of interest to become Prof in English. Or Is there any chance to join M.Phil? May I know the procedure & fees structure? Waiting for reply.
6th April 2017, 10:46 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am from Pakistan and hold the master degree in literature carrying 50% marks through the annual system along with IELTS. Can i get registered in the phd literature program?
17th December 2018, 06:34 PM
Unregistered

I finished my PG degree English in 2005. I had 13 year college working experience in both arts college and engineering colleges. I finished MPhil degree in 2008. Can I eligible to do join Phd in English?
I need your reply sir.
Thanking you
Sridhar,MA, MPhil,BEd (English)
POLUR, Tiruvannamalai St
[email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?