17th April 2019, 01:59 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study PhD(Geology) in Delhi University?

Respected Sir, I am interested to study PhD(Geology) from Delhi University. I would like to know about the eligibility criteria for applying and studying this PhD course. Please tell me about the eligibility criteria asap.

28th April 2019, 09:54 PM
Warrior6782
Senior Member+

Default Re: Eligibility to study PhD(Geology) in Delhi University?

Eligibility to study PhD (Geology) in Delhi University:

1) Postgraduate degree in a relevant area such as Geology/ Applied geology/ Earth Science/ Marine Geology from any recognized university.

2) Minimum 55% marks for general category in master's degree,

3) Minimum 50% marks for SC/ST/OBC category candidates.
30th April 2019, 11:50 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

** Doctor of Philosophy in Geology is a Doctorate level course and the duration of Doctor of Philosophy in Geology course is three years.

** The required eligibility to study Ph.D. (Geology) in Delhi University is that the candidate should have a master degree in the respective field from a recognized university.

** The final selection of the candidate will be done on the basis of entrance examination score and personal interview which is conducted in Delhi University.
30th April 2019, 03:44 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to study PhD(Geology) in Delhi University are as follows:-

Candidates must have completed their Master’s or an M.Phil. degree in relevant discipline from a recognized university or from University of Delhi.

Candidate must have completed Master’s with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate.

Candidate must have completed M.Phil. with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.

Candidates must have to qualify in the written test and Interview round to secure admission.

Candidates who have passed CSIR NET/ UGC NET/ GATE/ SLET are exempted from the Ph.D. Entrance Test. Those candidates have to appear in the Interview round only.

Candidate age should not be more than 55 years.

Reservation to SC/ST and OBC to the prescribed extent shall apply in compliance with the rules notified by the University.
30th April 2019, 07:23 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to study PhD (Geology) in Delhi University are mentioned below:-
Candidate must have completed their post-graduation in Geology/ Applied Geology/ Earth Science/ Marine Geology from a recognised university.

Candidate must have secured at least 55% aggregate in master's degree.

There is no age limit to pursue this course.
1st May 2019, 07:42 AM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria to study PhD in Geology at Delhi University is:-

==> Candidate must have a Master's or an MPhil degree in a relevant field or an equivalent course from a recognized university.

==> Minimum 55% marks in Master's degree or an equivalent course for general category. For SC/ST/OBC category it is 50% marks.

==> Admission will be on the basis of Common Entrance Test followed by a round of personal interview.

==> Candidates who have qualified UGC-NET including JRF, UGC-CSIR NET/DBT-JRF, ICNR-JRF, DST-INSPIRE, GATE will directly appear for the personal interview.
2nd May 2019, 05:29 PM
Parvathi90
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I am interested to study PhD(Geology) from Delhi University. I would like to know about the eligibility criteria for applying and studying this PhD course. Please tell me about the eligibility criteria asap.

Eligibility to study PhD (Geology) in the University of Delhi is given below:

Candidates who have obtained a Master’s Degree or an MPhil degree in Geology or in a subject allied thereto from a recognized university

Candidates must have obtained at least 50% marks or an equivalent grade in the MPhil degree or minimum 55% marks or an equivalent grade in the Master’s Degree

They have to appear for the Common Entrance Test and Interview
3rd May 2019, 10:06 AM
EducationConsultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
To be eligible for Ph.D in Geology in the University of Delhi, you must complete Master degree or its equivalent qualification with at least 55% of marks from a recognized university. Please make sure that you should not have any pending backlogs at the time of applying for the Ph.D course. Those who belong to reserved category must score at least 50% of marks in master degree. Admission will be based on the scored by the candidate in the UGC NET/SLET entrance exam.

Contact Information:
University of Delhi
Address: Benito Juarez Marg, South Campus, South Moti Bagh,
New Delhi, Delhi 110021
Official website - > http://www.du.ac.in/du/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?