22nd May 2015, 06:11 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study PhD in Organic Chemistry in Osmania University?

Hello,
I want to study PhD in Organic Chemistry in
Osmania University. Please tell me the eligibility
criteria to proceed for admission.
Waiting for your reply.

Related Questions:
  1. Does Osmania University offer PhD in Organic Chemistry?
  2. List of institutes which offer PhD in Organic Chemistry in Mumbai? -- [New]
  3. Procedure to study PhD in Abroad for M.Sc(Organic Chemistry) postgraduate?
  4. Universities offering PhD in organic chemistry on the par time basis or correspondence? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Requirements and eligibility to study Ph.D in Germany after MSc in Organic Chemistry? List of institutes in Germany?
  6. Can I study PhD in Organic Chemistry with UGC-JRF certificate if completed M.Sc in Physical Chemistry?
  7. List of UGC recognized universities which offer correspondence PhD in Organic Chemistry in Kolkata?
  8. Can I study correspondence PhD in Organic Chemistry if completed M.Sc about 18 years ago?
  9. List of universities in Germany and how to approach them for PhD in organic chemistry?
  10. Exam dates for 1st semester M.Sc in Organic Chemistry of Osmania University for the year of 2012?
  11. Want to make a career related to organic chemistry. How to proceed?
  12. Detailed information about entrance exams to study PhD in Organic Chemistry in India?
  13. After MSc in Organic Chemistry how can I pursue Ph.d in Germany? Eligibility criteria and the list of institutes in Germany?
  14. Requirements and eligibility criteria to study Ph.D Abroad?
  15. Am I eligible to do PhD in Organic Chemistry at Delhi University being a Physical Chemistry postgraduate with UGC-JRF?
  16. Am I eligible for drug inspector after pursuing MSc Organic Chemistry from Osmania University?
  17. How can I study PhD in Natural Science with Fellowships in any good university if completed M.Sc in Organic Chemistry?
  18. Previous papers of Computer Science for PhD eligibility test of Osmania university?
26th May 2015, 10:10 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study PhD in Organic Chemistry in Osmania University?

Eligibility Criteria Required to pursue Ph.D in Organic Chemistry in Osmania University:

>> Candidates must have obtained a Post Graduate Degree, from a recognized university (Or) a post graduate Degree through Distance mode from a recognized university and approved by the "Distance Education Council (DEC), New Delhi" in the concerned subject securing not less than 55% marks at the the Post Graduate Degree for General Category candidates and not less than 50% marks in the case of SC/ ST candidates. If you have passed Master's Degree, then you are certainly eligible to pursue Ph.D in Organic Chemistry in Osmania University.

>> And you have to appear in "Ph.D Eligibility Test" in the Organic Chemistry subject.

>> Or You must be awarded a research fellowship through a National level test namely UGC/ CSIR/ ICAR/ ICMR/ DBT.

>> Or you must have qualified in the UGC, UGC-CSIR NET/ APSET or JEST Examination.

>> Or You must have M.Phil degree through regular mode from Osmania University in the concerned subject.
Click here for Ph.D Eligibility Details required to pursue in Osmania University

Click here for More Details
27th May 2015, 11:24 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study PhD in Organic Chemistry in Osmania University?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I want to study PhD in Organic Chemistry in
Osmania University. Please tell me the eligibility
criteria to proceed for admission.
Waiting for your reply.
Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D entrance exam in Osmania University. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

There is no age criteria for Ph.D course but your age should be below 28 years for JRF post.
27th May 2015, 08:49 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

First of all you must have a Master's degree with at least 55% marks in the given subject from a recognized University to become eligible for Ph.D admission in India. Every University including Osmania University gives admission on the basis of entrance exam and interview.

Those who have NET/SLET/JRF/GATE score are exempted from entrance exam. Hence, if you have this qualification then you have to apply for admission when the notification is released by Osmania University for Ph.D admission in the given subject. After applying you have face entrance exam and interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?