2nd December 2021, 09:55 PM
Unregistered

How can I access PhD in Development Studies or Public Administration?

I'm a Master of Art Degree holder in Regional and Local Development Studies. Currently, I'm leading a college of Teacher Education. I want to Pursue PhD in Development Studies, public administration or Organisational Management and Leadership through distance modality. Since I can not afford high costs, I want to study in Universities which offer courses with reasonable cost. How can I Access them?

4th December 2021, 12:31 PM
Dip Mali
Junior Member+

Default Re: How can I access PhD in Development Studies or Public Administration?

First of all,
It depends on your interests.

In a developing country like India, these two have significant overlaps.( If you are pursuing your degree abroad, you will notice most Public Administration masters programs have a concentration in International Development.)
4th December 2021, 06:59 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I access PhD in Development Studies or Public Administration?

The HRD Ministry has banned PhD programme through distance mode.
However IGNOU is all set to defy UGCs dictate and resume it's doctoral program from this year.

You can persue PhD in regular mode either full time or part time.

There are various universities that provide this course at reasonable cost, and that is र 15000_20,000 per year.
6th December 2021, 11:46 AM
Zainab Fatima8

For PhD in Development Studies , candidates must have a master's degree in history, sociology, geography, humanities and political science with minimum aggregate 55%marks .The duration of this course is 3 years.
Candidates have to appear in the entrance exam called GATE, CUET etc..
7th December 2021, 04:12 PM
Ayesha baig
Senior Member+++++

For PhD in Development Studies , you must have a master's degree with history, geography, humanities and political science etc..with minimum aggregate 55%marks from a recognized university.
Duration of this course is 3 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?