18th November 2017, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

How to do PhD in Mathematics from University of Calcutta? Terms and conditions for it?

Sir, I am from Odisha but studying M.Sc Mathematics in Kolkata. Please tell me how can I do PhD in Mathematics from University of Calcutta? Terms and conditions for it?

Related Questions:
  1. Does Calcutta University offer PhD in Mathematics course? Eligibility to apply for M.Sc candidate?
  2. Requirements to study PhD(Mathematics) in Calcutta University for MSc student?
  3. Am I eligible to do PhD in Mathematics in Calcutta University being a postgraduate of Rabindra Bharti University?
  4. MPhil is mandatory to study PhD for Mathematics postgraduate?
  5. Detailed information and procedure to apply for Ph.D program in Calcutta University for MBA(HR) student? Can I get scholarship?
  6. In which entrance exam I have to appear to study PhD in Calcutta University?
  7. In which entrance exam I have to appear for studying PhD in Calcutta University?
  8. Eligibility to study PhD in Galgotias University for MPhil(Mathematics) candidate?
  9. Am I eligible to do PhD in Mathematics being a Statistics postgraduate?
  10. Chances to do direct PhD in Agronomy through CSIR NET exam? Terms and conditions for it?
  11. Detailed information about PhD(History) program in Calcutta University? Is there any scholarship available to study PhD?
  12. Terms and conditions to do PhD for a Chartered Accountant? Which are the colleges?
  13. Does Calcutta University offer PhD in Economics course? Procedure to fillup the application form? -- [New]
  14. Does Calcutta University offer PhD in History?
  15. Mathematics or Applied Mathematics which is better to pursue in PhD?
  16. How to do P.D from outside state? I am doing MSc in Applied Mathematics form Calcutta University
  17. Eligibility to get admission in B.Com at Calcutta University for CBSE candidate without Mathematics?
  18. Terms and conditions and duration of BDS?
19th November 2017, 09:37 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to do PhD in Mathematics from University of Calcutta? Terms and conditions for it?

Candidates, those who have completed masters of Science in Mathematics with a minimum of 55% marks from any recognized university, are eligible to apply for PhD course in relevant discipline at University of Calcutta. Candidates have to appear and qualify in UGC NET/CSIR/NETJRF/GATE in order to get admission for PhD course in the aforesaid university. Application form can be downloaded from the official website of the university http://www.caluniv.ac.in/.
20th November 2017, 01:42 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to do PhD in Mathematics from University of Calcutta? Terms and conditions for it?

If you want to do Ph.D in mathematics from university of Calcutta, then you must have to appear in entrance exam conducted by Calcutta university department of mathematics for admission of eligible candidates for Ph.D mathematics program. Candidate who have cleared entrance exam called for personal interview as final step of selection for Ph.D mathematics program. Here below are details regarding eligibility condition to apply for Ph.D mathematics in Calcutta university:-

- Minimum qualification required to apply for Ph.D mathematics course in Calcutta University is master’s degree in relevant stream from UGC recognized institute with minimum 55% marks obtained.

- Applicant who have already passed UGC CSIR, NET,SET,SLET,GATE, M.Phill, M.Tech or equivalent qualification have no need to appear in written exam. Applicant who have cleared these exams already are directly called for personal interview.

- Duration of Ph.D mathematics course is 3 years.

- For more details and apply online please visit www.caluniv.ac.in.
20th November 2017, 05:13 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You need to complete M.Sc degree with at least 55% marks to become eligible for Ph.D entrance exam. Admission at most of the reputed universities is on the basis of written exam and interview.

If you have qualified exams like NET/SET/GATE/JRF with a decent score, then you will have greater chance of admission at any reputed university.
20th November 2017, 10:11 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

To do Ph.D course in Mathematics from Calcutta University, first of all, you must have to gain a Masters degree in Mathematics from a recognized University scoring a minimum of 55% of marks in it.
If you satisfy the required criteria, then you are eligible to apply for the NET examination.
After qualifying in the NET examination, you can apply for the Ph.D course in Mathematics from Calcutta University. Admission is based on the marks scored in the NET examination. The duration of the Ph.D course is of 2 to 5 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?