23rd July 2022, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

I had MTech in mechanical engineering, so can i do PhD in Physics?

I had MTech in mechanical engineering, so can i do PhD in Physics?

24th July 2022, 12:47 AM
Aiman Afifa
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: I had MTech in mechanical engineering, so can i do PhD in Physics?

To do PhD in Physics , candidates must have a post graduate degree in Physics or MPhil with minimum 55%marks from a recognised university.

The duration of this course is 3 years.
24th July 2022, 01:17 AM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Yes, after finishing your MTech in mechanical degree, you can pursue a Ph.D. in physics. Engineers can pursue master's and doctoral degrees in physics at numerous institutions and universities both in India and overseas.
27th July 2022, 12:57 PM
Ayesha baig
Senior Member+++++

Qualification required:-

Candidates who have done post graduate degree in Physics with minimum 60%marks from a recognized university.

Duration of PhD Physics is 3 years.
27th July 2022, 04:54 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

The educational qualification required to study PhD in Physics is a candidate must have passed MSc in Physics or Material Science or MPhil with a minimum score of 60% marks from a recognized university. Admission selection is made on the basis of performance in the entrance examination which is conducted by the university itself. The minimum score may vary from college to college which you can check before applying.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?