8th September 2017, 10:40 PM
Unregistered

MA Geography is applicable to do PhD in Ocean Science? Where to apply for the same?

Sir, I am studying MA Geography but very much interested to do PhD on Ocean Science. Please tell me am I eligible for it? Where to apply for the same?

15th September 2017, 10:29 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: MA Geography is applicable to do PhD in Ocean Science? Where to apply for the same?

No, you can't pursue Ph.D in oceanic sciences, if you have MA in geography degree. This is not the right qualification to pursue oceanic research program.

Therefore, make sure that you have got at least a MA degree in oceanic science with at least 55% marks to become eligible.
16th September 2017, 11:42 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: MA Geography is applicable to do PhD in Ocean Science? Where to apply for the same?

There is a certain educational qualification required to be eligible for doing doctoral program in Ocean Science. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for doing this course is,

>> Master's Degree in concerned stream from a recognized university. Some of the allowed streams are,
* Geography
* Geology
* Physiology
* Microbiology
* Zoology
* Botany
* Chemistry..etc., as one of the subjects

>> As per my knowledge, I can say that you can apply for PhD in Ocean Science course.

Some of the colleges offering PhD in Marine Science or PhD in Ocean Science are,

@ Pondicherry University
@ Vikrama Simhapuri University
@ Berhampur University
@ Goa University
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?