22nd December 2013, 11:14 AM
Unregistered

Universities in India which offer Part time PhD in Geography?

I am Ashif K.P completed MSc Geography from UNIVERSITY OF MADRAS, with 71.75% of marks. I qualified National Eligibility Test (NET Exam) in Geography .

I have keen interest in doing PhD in Geography . Since I am working , I am not in a position to do full time PhD . I wish to know about the Universities in India which offer Part time PhD in Geography .

I enquired for the last two year to know about Universities offering part time PhD in Geography. Hope I will get the needful details .

Yours Faithfully

Related Questions:
6th January 2014, 01:31 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Universities in India which offer Part time PhD in Geography?

First of all would like to congratulate for such good scores in your post graduation and also for qualifying in the National Eligibility Test (Net Exam). It is a very good thought of working and also pursuing higher studies. However, I am extremely sorry to state that there are no universities in India which offer PhD in Geography through Distance learning or correspondence or part time. Whatever institutes are offering, none of them are recongised by UGC. One such example is Winsoft Technologies, Janakpuri, Delhi which is not recognized by UGC and has the permission of conducting the course since DEC has approved the course. It is true that many universities have opened up distance learning or part time learning scheme but those are mostly for masters programme and not for Phd. However, it is advisable that you pursue a full time Phd degree course since it will not only enrich your educational qualification but will also fetch you a job of higher remuneration and prestige. Various universities across India conduct PhD courses in Geography. Some of them are :-

-Vikram University, Ujjain, Ujjain
-JNU
-Prof. Ramkrishna More Arts, Commerce & Science College, Akurdi, Pune
-University of Pune, Pune
-Dibrugarh University, Dibrugarh
-The IIS University, Jaipur
-Mizoram University (MZU) - Mizoram, Aizawl
13th April 2017, 05:59 PM
Unregistered

I have done M.Sc in botany and want to pursue PhD in ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES .How can I enroll? As I am teaching in college from last eight years. I want to do part time PhD.

Kindly help
17th June 2017, 07:11 PM
Unregistered

I am a regular school teacher working at punjab. Now I want to do ph d geography part time.
25th June 2020, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

I have completed master in political science from ignuo and preparing for jrf . i want to do PhD, but very much confused about it, please guide me about the details of PhD in Delhi.Guide me about the fee structure, admission and interview.
7th November 2022, 02:30 PM
Mythreyi1990

List of universities

Vikram university
JNU
University of Pune
Mizoram university
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?