7th September 2021, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

MPhil holders are exempted from NET or SET exam?

As I have seen the news clipping mphil students with 2008 regulations are exempted from giving net set exams, is that true?

12th September 2021, 10:21 AM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: MPhil holders are exempted from NET or SET exam?

According to the UGC decision, candidates registered for M Phil and PhD prior to July 11, 2009 shall be exempted from NET exams.

Among the conditions laid down is that their PhD degrees should be awarded in regular mode only and the evaluation of the thesis should be done by at least two external examiners.
15th September 2021, 12:23 PM
Dip Mali
Junior Member+

MPhil holders are exempted from NET or SET exam:---

All the candidates who have got themselves registered for PhD before July 11, 2009 can now be considered at par with those possessing NET certificates, says UGC.

Now all these candidates shall be able to fill all the vacancies in which UGC NET is mandatory.
15th September 2021, 06:56 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, Candidates who have completed their M.Phil course are exempted from appearing in NET or SET examination. The basic eligibility criteria required to be eligible is given below,

>> Candidates who have completed M.Phil course are required to appear in Interview conducted by concerned college or university.

>> Hence, you can directly go for pursuing further without NET or SET exam.
15th September 2021, 09:39 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

It is mandatory to clear the NET or SET examination for all the candidates who want to be Assistant Professor however candidates with a PhD degree are exempted from this requirement. The candidate who has done a regular full-time PhD and his/her thesis was examined by two external examiners. According to new guidelines from UGC, PhD will be mandatory for any Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, and Professor in universities and affiliated colleges. If you have completed MPhil then it's better to take admission in PhD.
2nd November 2022, 01:36 PM
Unregistered

Whatever I understood , M.Phil degree is now useless and for college Asst.Professor or Asst.Librarian or its equivalent post one must required Ph.D or UGC NET. So accordingly my point of view all the M.Phil holder candidate must go to high court against the UGC decision. One must expended their valuable time and money to acquired the M.Phil degree. How the 2nd highest degree can be useless by the whimsical decision of UGC. You will get many of candidates whose college entry level qualification had M.Phil degree for the post of Asst. Prof/Asst.Librarian post.
3rd March 2023, 11:59 AM
Unregistered

If I complete m Phil will I be exempted from set for HSS teacher
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?