13th July 2014, 03:57 AM
Unregistered

Do I need to appear in TET to become Teacher or Principal of any HS school in Gujarat being a Ph.D holder? Whether Ph.D holders are exempted from NET/SLET?

hello
i hold a PhD degree, do i still have to give the tet exam
if i want to become a teacher or principal in a
higher secondary school in gujrat.
PhD degree holders are exempted from NET/ SLET??????

21st March 2023, 06:55 PM
SheldonPatrickEverson

Default Re: Do I need to appear in TET to become Teacher or Principal of any HS school in Gujarat being a Ph.D holder? Whether Ph.D holders are exempted from NET/SLET?

As per the guidelines of the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE), all candidates who wish to become teachers in schools must clear the Teacher Eligibility Test (TET). However, the requirement of TET may vary from state to state. In Gujarat, candidates who wish to become teachers in primary schools, secondary schools, and higher secondary schools are required to clear the Gujarat State Eligibility Test (GSET) or the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the University Grants Commission (UGC).

As for the position of Principal, the eligibility criteria may vary depending on the institution and its regulations. However, in most cases, a Ph.D holder may be considered eligible for the position of Principal.

Regarding exemption from NET/SLET, the UGC has exempted candidates who have completed a Ph.D degree from the requirement of clearing NET/SLET for the post of Assistant Professor in universities and colleges. However, the exemption may not apply to candidates who wish to become teachers in schools.

Therefore, it is advisable to check with the respective educational authorities in Gujarat for the specific eligibility criteria and requirements for becoming a teacher or Principal in a higher secondary school.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?