22nd October 2014, 12:57 AM
Unregistered

If I clear SET exam will I be exempted from giving PhD entrance exam under Pune University?

Dear Sir/Mam,
I was just want to know that if I clear my set exam will I be exempted from giving entrance for Phd under pune university. if not what are the benefits i will be getting if i clear it. I am faculty of management

Related Questions:
  1. Date of entrance exam for admission in Ph.D in Law from Pune University?
  2. Can I get admission for PhD without giving PET exam?
  3. Information about exams dates in 2010?
  4. Criteria for doing PhD at Pune University? Whether any scholarship is provided? Total expenditure of this course?
  5. Colleges in Pune Providing Ph.D? Which entrance exam to be answered?
  6. Ph.D from Pune University after completing M.Sc (Microbiology) in 2006? Date of entrance exam and forms?
  7. SET exam question papers of Pune University?
  8. Fee structure of B.Ed curses? Date of sale of B.Ed forms?
  9. How to get a job in any college as a lecturer after completing M.A in English? What is the qualification for M.Phil or Ph.D?
  10. Jobs after M.Sc(biotechnology) from Punjabi University?
  11. Date of Ph.D entrance exam of Pune University? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. After clearing all entrance hurdles of IIT and NIT shall I have to wait for the guide of my subject to be available (or become free) to start research work?
  13. Date of Entrance Exam for Ph.D Geography of Pune university?
  14. How to apply for PhD in Nutrition & Diabetics? Is there any entrance exam for it? Schedule of entrance exam?
  15. Eligibility criteria, exam date, study material and previous year question papers of Ph.D in Public Administration entrance exam conducted by Mumbai University and Pune University?
  16. Can I apply for admission in Ph.D. in Pune University on the basis of NET-2010 score?
  17. Eligibility to give Post Graduation Medical entrance exam while pursuing MBBS from Deemed University in Pune?
  18. Details of Pune university SET exam?
23rd October 2014, 09:59 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: If I clear SET exam will I be exempted from giving PhD entrance exam under Pune University?

Yes, surely you will be exempted from any entrance exam, if you have a valid SET score. Hence, don't worry and apply for admission in Pune University for your Ph.D with yor valid score.

According to the Pune University Ph.d admission notification candidates having a GATE(valid score)/GPAT(valid score)/SETA{ET/JRF/SRF Examinations of apex bodies such as CSIR or UGC/ICRA/ICMR/DBT and DST inspire fellowship are exempted from the Ph.D entrance examination conducted by Pune University.

For NET/SET exam one must have a post graduate degree in relevant discipline from a recognized university with at least 55% marks. There is 5% relaxation in marks for candidates belonging to reserved category.

For more information visit http://unipune.ac.in/news/phd_notification.pdf
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?