30th May 2015, 11:46 AM
Unregistered

Is Ph.D programme recognized by UGC?

Is Ph.D programme recognized by UGC? Will it help for me in future if I complete Ph.D? Can someone please provide me the details on this? Am not sure whether I can do Ph.D or not, it will be really helpful if someone can guide me on the same.

Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. Information about CMJ University for Ph.D in Biotechnology programme? List of the correspondence UGC recognized universities who offers Ph.D in Biotechnology programme? Is it worthy to do Ph.D through correspondence?
  2. Is Ph.D programme recognized by UGC? -- [New]
  3. Is Ph.D research programme of CMJ recognized by UGC?
  4. UGC recognized universities for PhD in English in New Delhi through distance or regular mode -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Can i take admission in Ph.D course in IGNOU after passing M.A with 47% marks
  6. List of UGC recognized universities which offer part time PhD in Hindi
  7. What should I do if registered for PhD in Rayalaseema University 4 years ago but still waiting for it?
  8. Is Manav Bharti University approved for Ph.D Programme?
  9. Which are the polytechnic colleges offering part time diploma in instrument technology?
  10. How may I do Ph.D management course from CMJ university? Is this course recognized by UGC? What's the future prospecive?
  11. Eligibility criteria for ph.d program in marketing? I have done MBA in marketing
  12. When will be the PhD programme held in M S University Baroda?
  13. What I need to do to get registered for PhD in Computer Science? Which UGC recognized universities I can register with?
  14. How and when can I apply for Ph.D programme in Loyola? What is the fee structure for the full time course? Is there any entrance exam available to get into Ph.D?
  15. List of UGC recognized distance universities which offer PhD in Education program
  16. List of UGC recognized universities which offer PhD in Technology program in India
  17. Is doing part time PhD in CMJ University Shilong is recognized by UGC and AICTE?
  18. List of UGC recognized distance universities which offer PhD in Public Administration
30th May 2015, 06:23 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Ph.D programme recognized by UGC?

You have to do Ph.D from UGC recognized University then only your qualification will be considered valid at most of the government jobs. I don't think any non recognized University in India can offer Ph.D admission because it is a highest qualification in a given field of study. You need a Master's degree with at least 55% marks to become eligible for Ph.D admission in India.

Therefore, if you want to get a government job like lecturer post in a government university then you have to complete your Ph.D from UGC recognized University. Also, there are many universities which are blacklisted by UGC and if they offer you admission in Ph.D program then you should not take because it can lead to problem for your future.
11th August 2015, 10:30 AM
Junior Member+

Default Re: Is Ph.D programme recognized by UGC?

Yes PhD is recognised by the UGC.
--> Proof is that they are only providing the stipend for the PhD students.
--> Per month you will get 25 k in an government inst .
--> But you have to qualify the GATE/CSIR/UGC exam
--> Then you can get 25 K per month
--> Otherwise you can get 20 K

thank you..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?