13th June 2015, 11:29 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to apply for Ph.D when am doing M.Sc final year?

Can it is allowed to apply for PHD with M.sc final year? And what is the process ? Can you please let me know the procedure for the same? Am not sure if am eligible to do it or not? If so I would like to know the steps to be followed for the same!

Related Questions:
  1. Whether I should go for MBA or Ph.D. after M.Sc. in Biotechnology?
  2. How to try for IISC entrance exam in Integrated MSc/Ph.D course and IIRBS entrance exam in integrated MSc/Ph.D course
  3. How to apply for distance PhD next year if missed this year?
  4. List of universities offering Ph.D and scholarships? I am doing MSc in Biomedical Genetics at VIT University
  5. What are the jobs in Biotechnology after completing MSc Biotechnology
  6. Is M.Phil mandatory before PhD?
  7. Minimum percentage required in M.Sc for PhD? In which college of Rajasthan to apply? Which exam to give for colleges in Rajasthan?
  8. How and where can I join PhD in Industrial Biotechnology? Name of institutes and their requirements?
  9. Eligibility to give IISC entrance exam in integrated msc/phd course(biology) while in Bsc Biotechnology final year?
  10. List of colleges which I can apply for Ph.D while pursuing M.Sc Physics final year?
  11. For which subject I should apply for Ph.D in NIPER being a M.Pharma final year student?
  12. How to do Ph.D in abroad after doing MSc in Biotechnology? How can I apply?
  13. Procedure to study PhD in Abroad for M.Phil(Economics) final year candidate?
  14. Is it possible to apply for Ph.D when am doing M.Sc final year? -- [New]
  15. Is there any university outside India? I am a MSc final year student
  16. Scope of phd in biotechnology after msc biotechnology? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. How and when can I apply for Ph.D programme in Loyola? What is the fee structure for the full time course? Is there any entrance exam available to get into Ph.D?
  18. How can I pursue Ph.D in Chemistry through GATE?
14th June 2015, 01:45 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to apply for Ph.D when am doing M.Sc final year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can it is allowed to apply for PHD with M.sc final year? And what is the process ? Can you please let me know the procedure for the same? Am not sure if am eligible to do it or not? If so I would like to know the steps to be followed for the same!
Yes, M.Sc final candidates are eligible for Ph.D course.

Candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D course. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

There is no age criteria. Your age should be below 28 years for JRF post.

You must have valid UGC NET or GATE or CSIR NET score card.
14th June 2015, 02:27 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to apply for Ph.D when am doing M.Sc final year?

No, I am sorry to say that you cannot apply for Ph.D course in the final year of your M.Sc course.

However, you can very much apply for it after the completion of your M.Sc course.

The procedure is quite simple, you need to complete your M.Sc course first. After having completed your course, if you have NET/SLET/JRF/GATE score, you will be however entitled for direct interview and need not sit for any entrance examination.

However, if you do not have the above mentioned examination examination score, you will probably have to appear in an entrance examination, mostly conducted by the Institutes itself.

And after having cleared the exam you will be most eligible to apply for the course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?