13th June 2015, 11:28 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D course through CSIR NET?

I am doing M.Tech ....I want to pursue Phd .... am I eligible to do phd through csir net? Can you please give me the complete eligibility criteria which is followed for the same? It would be helpful if you can answer back soon as possible?

Thanks!

14th June 2015, 12:27 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D course through CSIR NET?

Yes, you are eligible to pursue Ph.D Course through CSIR NET Exam after successful completion of M.Tech Program. CSIR (Council of Scientific and Industrial Research) research grants Research Fellowships and Associateships. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible is "Graduate Degree" or Bachelor's Degree, whether
* Science (Or)
* Engineering (Or)
* Any other discipline
and the candidates with above back ground will be eligible for Fellowship only after getting enrolled or registered for Ph.D or Integrate Ph.D Program within the validity period of 2 years.

The maximum age limit for applying for the award of Junior Research Fellow shall be 28 years and is relaxed upto 5 years (in case of SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD/ Visually Handicapped or Female) applicants. Since you are doing M.Tech, I can say that you are certainly eligible to pursue Ph.D Course though this CSIR National Eligibility Test.
14th June 2015, 01:33 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am doing M.Tech ....I want to pursue Phd .... am I eligible to do phd through csir net? Can you please give me the complete eligibility criteria which is followed for the same? It would be helpful if you can answer back soon as possible?

Thanks!
You are doing M.Tech degree so you are eligible for CSIR NET exam which is conducted for Ph.D course.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for CSIR NET exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

Your age should be below 28 years.
14th June 2015, 02:32 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are very much eligible to apply for Ph.D course and as you have also scored in CSIR NET, you will probably not have to appear for the entrance examination generally conducted by the prospective Institutes providing Ph.D course.

You will however, be called for a direct interview, and after having cleared the interview, you will be most eligible to pursue Ph.D course.

However, you need to have scored a minimum of 55% in your PG course in order to apply for Ph.D course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?