8th November 2016, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do Ph.d without completion of M.Phil?

Actually I have completed my MA in 2006 and have completed my NET exams after then. I came to know that I don't have to do my M.Phil and can do my Ph.D directly. Is that possible? at the same I came to know that I should get a stipend of Rs. 20000 p/m for JRF is it possible now? Please help.

8th November 2016, 07:12 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do Ph.d without completion of M.Phil?

Yes, definitely you can do Ph.D after the completion of MA.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it and qualified in the NET examination can definitely pursue Ph.D course.
9th November 2016, 08:27 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do Ph.d without completion of M.Phil?

Yes, you can very much opt for PhD course after completion of your PG qualification, there is no such problem in it. You have also completed your NET examination, therefore, you need not worry.

However, you should have scored a minimum of 55% in aggregate from a recognized university in your PG qualification.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?