24th June 2016, 11:32 AM
Unregistered

Which one choose between M.Phil and Phd? What is the procedure followed to get admission for Ph.D in IGNOU?

Sir,

I m yogita from delhi. I m mba in hrm. Please tell me what should I do either mphil or phd. What is the procedure of admission in mphil or phd from ignou.please guide me. Am not sure about the details on this. So, please answer me.

24th June 2016, 11:06 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which one choose between M.Phil and Phd? What is the procedure followed to get admission for Ph.D in IGNOU?

M.Phil is a good option only when you are not getting admission in a Ph.D programme from a good university. Those who have M.Phil degree are eligible for admission in Ph.D without any entrance exam.

For admission in IGNOU for your Ph.D programme you need to appear for entrance exam and interview conducted by them. If you have qualified NET/SET then you will be exempted from entrance exam.
25th June 2016, 05:45 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Which one choose between M.Phil and Phd? What is the procedure followed to get admission for Ph.D in IGNOU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,

I m yogita from delhi. I m mba in hrm. Please tell me what should I do either mphil or phd. What is the procedure of admission in mphil or phd from ignou.please guide me. Am not sure about the details on this. So, please answer me.

The PhD will be the best one than M.Phil, so you can choose PhD over M.Phil.
The aspirant has to apply to the PhD programme by downloading the application form from the IGNOU website or you can contact the study centre.
The eligibility to do PhD is a Master’s Degree in the relevant subject with a minimum of 55% marks from any recognised university. The aspirant has to appear for an entrance examination and interview for the admission to PhD.
Those candidates who hold M.Phil degree or who have cleared UGC NET or GATE or those having at least 5 years of experience as validated by the respective Disciplines may be exempted from appearing in the Entrance Examination. You can find the details in the IGNOU website also. The website link is Official Website
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?