23rd April 2015, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do PhD with the JRF of M.Phil?

Sir
I am doing M.Phil in Hindi with JRF.
I want to do PhD in Hindi through JRF.
So, I want to know that this JRF which I am
doing with M.Phil is applicable for PhD also?

27th April 2015, 12:42 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do PhD with the JRF of M.Phil?

M.Phil or JRF any one of the qualification will help you to get admission in Ph.D without any entrance exam. Most of the universities give admission on the basis of M.Phil or NET/SLET/JRF qualification and they just have to appear for an interview before admission.

You should have applied for Ph.D straight after qualifying for JRF because most of the Universities allow them admission. You can still apply for admission without any problem. Just make sure that you keep track of the Ph.D admission notifications of various Universities in India.
27th April 2015, 06:16 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Yes it is possible for you to get admission to do the PhD in Hindi.
JRF(Junior Research Fellowship) is the first step you towards pursuing the PhD.
So if you have cracked the JRF Examination and completed your M.Phil then there is every possibility that you will be given the option of pursuing PhD in the same University from where you have completed your M.Phil.
JRF also provides a Fellowship to all the candidates who have cracked the Examination and is pursuing the course of PhD.
You can also opt for the NET Examination as you will be provided a better amount as a Fellowship if you are able to crack that Examination.
8th September 2016, 05:06 PM
Unregistered

I had joined M.Phil in Delhi University on 09.09.2013 and took my JRF fellowship up to 09.09.2015. But i submitted my M.Phil thesis on 30.03.2016 and the result was out on 16.06.2016. In the meanwhile I got admission in PhD course in Utkal University on 30.03.2016 and I have received the NOC certificate from Delhi University for the transfer of JRF to Utkal University. So now my question is whether the validity of JRF would end on 09.09.2016 (one year since the last taken fellowship) or 16.06.2017 (one year since the date of declaration of M.Phil result).
14th September 2018, 10:57 AM
Unregistered

Namaste Sir/Madam,

I have gone through so many Questions & answers before to write here. But there is still doubt as below;

1) whether to go with M.Phil or Phd in Pol.science? Since I have opted to give JRF in 2018.

2) which course to choose in PhD which will give best opportunity in Pol.science field?

3) If I won't get good score in NET UGC entrance test then should I continue with M.Phil or can take direct admission for PhD ?
5th January 2021, 08:54 PM
Unregistered

Can I switch my university in the middle of pursuing Mphil at Rajasthan University to pursue MPhil at JNU with JRF?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?