27th December 2013, 03:57 PM
Unregistered

Can PhD (JRF) and B.Ed be done simultaneously?

sir,
I have cleared ugc jrf in geography now I want to do phd(jrf) & B.ed both
can I do phd with jrf & B.ed both in a time?
Please send answer on my email-Id given below
[email protected]

6th January 2014, 09:10 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can PhD (JRF) and B.Ed be done simultaneously?

Sorry, it is not possible to apply both the degrees at the same time. And as you have cleared the UGC JRF then i think there is no need to do B.Ed. After PhD you will get a good job in many colleges and universities. So there is no need to do B.ed.

So why should you want to do B.Ed. I think it is not a wise decision. You should concentrate on your PhD. Don't make any confusion so you should do PhD. It is best for your career.

If you will do PhD then there is no need to do B.Ed. B.Ed is for the to get job in schools but after the PhD you will get good job in Universities and colleges and as you have cleared the UGC JRF then you should do PhD.

And there is no provision to get both degree simultaneously. So, I am sorry, and i think you should just do PhD. And don't divert your brain.

So, Apply for the PhD and don't think about the B.Ed now this course is not for you. B.Ed is for the masters students and graduated students and as you have enrolled in PhD then there is no need to do this course.

So, you should do PhD. And geography is a good subject and it has good scope also and it is bets to do PhD in geography and it is good that you have cleared the UGC JRF.
22nd May 2014, 10:28 PM
Unregistered

thanks for this reply, but frankly speaking all wants permanent gov jobs, and here only contractual jobs are present only b.eds are getting permanent jobs so everyone wants to do b.ed.
1st June 2014, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

Actually sir, i am in confusion that form last 2 years it is allow by our government that any candidates take the two degrees within in same period of time. It is so.
If yes then what is the procedure of this. Please explain me.
1st June 2014, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

Actually sir, i am in confusion that form last 2 years it is allow by our government that any candidates take the two degrees within in same period of time. It is so.
If yes then what is the procedure of this. Please explain me.
25th June 2014, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

Hello. I have a similar doubt. I am a CSIR-JRF qualified, pursuing PhD in biological sciences. But I want to do B.Ed simultaneously. I have no prior teaching experience. I am married to an army officer, so there will be alot of moving around. So I want to do B.Ed so that I can get jobs at schools at places where colleges/universities are remote. Pls guide me regarding the procedures and ways to go about it.
25th June 2014, 12:59 PM
RanaVJ

I have a similar query. I am doing PhD in biology as a CSIR JRF student. Although I dont have any teaching experience, I want to pursue B.Ed simultaneously. It will be useful for me as I m married in an army family and there will be a lot of moving around. So getting jobs will be easier where colleges are unaccessible.
Pls guide me in this context.
25th June 2014, 01:13 PM
RanaVJ

I have same doubt. M doing Phd in Biology as a CSIR-JRF student. and want to do B.Ed simultaneously.
1st April 2015, 12:38 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I completed my M.Sc., operations research and computer applications in NIT. I'm working as assistant professor, maths in a private college and pursuing ph.d. My doubt is will I get government job after ph.d?
14th May 2015, 02:43 PM
Unregistered

I got JRF while persuing PhD,
am I eligible for multiple stipend?
5th June 2015, 01:40 AM
Unregistered

Can i do b.ed while registrated in p.hd course not jrf and completed two years in p.hd but thesis is not submitted
13th July 2015, 06:29 PM
Unregistered

Sir I want know that what is better for me b.ed or ph.d??? I have done m.sc in chemisrty...now I m passed in both ph.d and b.ed exam..I m confuse what to do..plz help me..
25th April 2016, 05:50 PM
Unregistered

i am mcom .i have been working as a teacher in coaching classes. i want to build a career in teaching college level . which degree will be best for me. B.ed or Phd.i haven't appeared any entrance exam yet .please guide me regarding entrance exam.which degree would best suit my career.
5th June 2016, 12:10 AM
Unregistered

I am a Govt sch teacher ,and opting to pursue B.ed in regular mode under deputation this year 2016.
Can i opt for a ph.d admission in next year 2017? Pl.reply.
8th August 2016, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

I am perusing my PhD(non JRF) in Mathematics in one of the state university. But now I want to do B.Ed. either fulltime or in distance.
Can I do both of them at a time ? Currently I believe it is allowed to do 2 degrees at a time ? Please suggest.
14th August 2016, 01:40 AM
Unregistered

I am doing PhD in electronics. Can after doing dis I can apply for gov school for teaching maths or physics? And can I persue b.ed simultaneously along with it?
16th October 2016, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

I have done M.com now I am doing B.ed (Full time). Can I apply for M.phil from Ignou?
13th November 2017, 06:50 PM
Unregistered

I am pursuing B.ed in correspondence. Can I simultaneously apply for PhD. I have cleared my PhD entrance.
29th November 2017, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

I have completed three semester of B. Ed. Fourth Semester of B. Ed will be completed in June,2018. Now I have got chance for phd. If I appeal to the University to allow me six months to complete my Fourth Semester of B. Ed and start ph> course thereafter from July, 2018, can the University accord me such permission? As I have done M. Phil I am not required to do course work. Kindly reply at the earliest. This very urgent for me.
3rd April 2018, 02:02 AM
Unregistered

Right now I m pursuing B.ed and this year phd registration is being done. Whether it is possible that I can pursue phd from next year. So that I can get both degrees.
11th August 2018, 02:52 PM
Unregistered

Sir I enrolled in up b.ed this year and I want to do p.hd from nalnda university can I can do it Same year plz sir reply me it is very less time to fill this form my subject is mathematics
15th September 2018, 01:17 PM
iamAaliya

One degree should be through distance. The best universities offering distance education are: SMU
Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi
University of Mumbai , Mumbai
Lovely Professional University LPU, Punjab
Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Open University Hyderabad
Karnataka State Open University Mysore
9th October 2018, 11:44 PM
Unregistered

I am doing my phd from one university and b.ed from another. Will my degree be valid?
19th June 2019, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

I have cleared NET (not with JRF) and working as a guest lecturer. If I start doing my PhD, this year, is it possible for me to get admission in B.ed?
20th June 2019, 11:22 PM
Unregistered

Sir can I do M.ed and Phd at the same time because I want to end my studies up and do jobs. This is so because after 2 years I will get married and be engaged in some other activities. And I want to do both regular.
18th July 2019, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

Sir currently i am enrolled B.Ed 2nd Year and i want to do PhD from another university.so can i do both degree together?
5th August 2021, 08:11 PM
Unregistered

Sir can I eligible to appear for NET after completing b.ed and pg
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?