1st July 2018, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to study PhD(Microbiology) for BSc student?

Sir, I am interested to study PhD in Microbiology. Right now I am a BSc student of Microbiology. Kindly let me know about the procedure for study this PhD course? Please let me know as soon as possible. Thank you!

4th July 2018, 02:45 PM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to study PhD(Microbiology) for BSc student?

As you said, now you are a student of BSc (Microbiology) and you want to study PhD in Microbiology. Minimum educational qualification required to study PhD is a Master's degree in relevant subject. So at first you must have hold a Master’s degree. Thereafter you can apply to study a PhD in Microbiology. In some disciplines, postgraduate (M.Phil.) In Philosophy is a prerequisite for PhD.
In cases where an entrance examination has been conducted for admission to M.Phil, then for admission to the PhD program will not be required for the entrance examination and it will be treated as compliance with the UGC (Minimum Standards and Rewards for M.Phil / PhD Degree).

Last edited by ppsahu; 13th August 2018 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Short answer
4th July 2018, 08:16 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Procedure to pursue PhD in Microbiology course:

In order to pursue PhD in Microbiology course, you are required to meet the required eligibility criteria first. The basic educational qualification required is "Master's Degree" or Post Graduation in concerned stream from a recognized university. You should have scored minimum 55% marks in case General and OBC category and 50% marks in case of SC/ ST category.

In most of the colleges, admission is done through Entrance test that is conducted by concerned college/ university. Or else, you should have valid score of UGC NET in order to pursue PhD in Microbiology course. Hence, as you are a student of B.Sc in Microbiology then I suggest you to pursue M.Sc after completion of B.Sc course. After that you can follow above mentioned instructions.

Some of the colleges offering this course are,

@ Jadavpur University, Kolkata
@ Loyola College, Chennai
@ Presidency College, Chennai
@ Christ University, Bangalore
@ Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida
@ Central University of Jharkhand, Ranchi
@ BITS, Ranchi..etc.,
5th July 2018, 04:37 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I am interested to study PhD in Microbiology. Right now I am a BSc student of Microbiology. Kindly let me know about the procedure for study this PhD course? Please let me know as soon as possible. Thank you!

BSc students have to study MSc Microbiology first for studying PhD Microbiology course. BSc students have to first complete the MSc Microbiology and then appear for NET or SET examinations for studying PhD Microbiology. Those students who have not appeared for the NET or SET examinations have to appear for the PhD Entrance Examination. Applicants have to appear for the Interview conducted by the University for the PhD Microbiology admission. They have to discuss about the research proposal at the time of interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?