10th June 2020, 04:50 PM
Unregistered

Research topics and duration of PhD(Biological Sciences) in Agharkar Research Institute?

Hello, I have completed my MPhil in Biology and am looking forward to pursuing a PhD in Biological Sciences. I want to do a PhD in Agharkar Research Institute. I want to know about the research topics of this PhD offered in this institute. Please tell me about the duration of this course.

24th February 2023, 07:18 PM
NaubiShah

Default Re: Research topics and duration of PhD(Biological Sciences) in Agharkar Research Institute?

Agharkar Research Institute offers a PhD program in Biological Sciences with various research topics in the field of life sciences. Some of the unique research topics include:
  1. Bioremediation of contaminated soil using microbial consortia.
  2. Investigation of molecular mechanisms involved in plant-fungal symbiosis.
  3. Metagenomic analysis of the human gut microbiome in healthy individuals and in disease states.
  4. Development of novel biopesticides using microbial metabolites.
  5. Study of gene regulation in response to environmental stress in bacteria.
  6. Analysis of genomic variation and population structure in endangered species.
  7. Development of plant-based vaccines for infectious diseases.
  8. Molecular mechanisms of antibiotic resistance in bacterial pathogens.
  9. Investigation of the role of microRNAs in cancer development and progression.
  10. Development of novel drug delivery systems for targeted cancer therapy.

The duration of the PhD program in Biological Sciences at Agharkar Research Institute is typically 3-5 years, depending on the research topic and the student's progress. It may also vary based on the student's enrollment status, as the program can be done either full-time or part-time.

~Regards
Naubahar Shah
BBA, M.Com, NET Qualified
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?