6th March 2020, 09:52 PM
Unregistered

Should I have to appear in UGC-NET to secure PhD(Chemistry) admission in Goa University? Cutoff score required to secure admission?

Respected Sir/Madam, I want to get admission into Goa University for studying PhD in Chemistry course. I have heard that I have to appear in UGC-NET. Is it true? If yes, then please tell me about the cutoff marks for securing admission. Thank you!

29th December 2020, 11:22 PM
aditya_ro
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Should I have to appear in UGC-NET to secure PhD(Chemistry) admission in Goa University? Cutoff score required to secure admission?

It is not compulsory to appear in UGC-NET to secure PhD(Chemistry) admission in Goa University.

Applicant can also get admission through entrance exam conducted by university.

Applicant must have completed master degree with minimum aggregate of 50% to get admission.
5th January 2021, 02:33 PM
Edu_tech

Default Re: Should I have to appear in UGC-NET to secure PhD(Chemistry) admission in Goa University? Cutoff score required to secure admission?

The selection procedure to get admission in PhD programme by Goa University is conducted into two steps:
Entrance Exam(GU-PET)
Interview

But the candidates who have qualified exams such as UGC/CSIR-UGC NET JRF/Lectureship, SET/SLET, GATE with valid certificate are exempted from Entrance Test.
Or candidates who joined regular M.Phil. Degree based on Entrance Exam are also exempted from Entrance Test.
So, its not compulsory to qualify UGC-NET in order to get admission in PhD at Goa University.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?