25th November 2013, 11:47 PM
Unregistered

What is advisable M.Phil and then PhD or directly PhD?

i'm currently an MCom student from Mumbai university. i'd like to pursue PhD in commerce from Mumbai University. what is advisable M.Phil and then PhD or directly i can opt for PhD?

20th December 2013, 02:25 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What is advisable M.Phil and then PhD or directly PhD?

Why to go with M.Phil ,as you have said that you are doing M.Com and you want to do PhD in future so what's the issue man.As you have said that you want to do PhD in Commerce and currently you are pursuing a master degree i.e. M.Com Master in Commerce.

So we recommend you if you want to do PhD in future than there is no need of doing M.Phil ,You already have the master degree in your hand and you can apply for the any of college which gives oppturnity to students to the PhD course in there college.

So don't worry you don't need to do the M.Phil course in order to do the PhD course.

But however if you wish to do the M.Phil course and after that you want to pursue PhD course then also there is no problem even it helps you to do better in your PhD course.

Here i am giving you eligibility criteria for doing the PhD course.

One need to have minimum qualification of the Master Degree and He/she must need to pass there master degree with at least of 60% marks. And for the SC/ST they need to have minimum of 55% marks in there master degree to take admission in the PhD course.

Duration of the Course-
2 years to 5 years

Fee Structure-
Every college have there own fee structure but if we talk in general than you may need minimum of 20,000 and Maximum of 1 lakh in your hand to pursue the PhD course.

So answer of your question is very simple. You can directly opt for the PhD course after completing your master degree with at least of 60% marks.
And if you are belongs to the SC or ST category than you may need minimum of 55% marks in your master degree to pursue the PhD degree.
14th January 2019, 08:22 AM
Unregistered

Is there any chance to get job in primary teaching with b. Ed and the subject is economics
11th September 2022, 07:29 PM
Unregistered

Does I can go for pre phd entrance exam without doing m. Phil... And what will be the procedure for phd in hrm through ou campus
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?