13th June 2021, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

Whole information about becoming a Biology Professor

I am preparing for neet at the same time i have interests in teaching .I want to become a biology professor .I want to know the whole information about it like how will it take to become a professor
the courses
and the to fulfil my goal

14th June 2021, 01:32 PM
honeyroy
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whole information about becoming a Biology Professor

Whole information about becoming a Biology Professor is given below.

You are preparing for NEET examination that means you will be completing MBBS or any other bachelor degree course in Medical.

To become a teacher you have to crack UGC NET or equivalent exam.

If you are pursuing MBBS than you will be eligible for UGC NET examination in final year of MBBS.

If you are pursuing any other graduation course than you have complete master degree course in relevant subjects than only you will be eligible to appear in UGC NET examination.

If you could clear UGC NET than only you will be eligible to apply for the position of professor at any recognized institution.
15th June 2021, 05:34 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

You must be aware that to become a professor you have to have a doctoral degree. Now a days, the entry level in indian colleges, universities, institutes requires National Eligibility Test (NET) certificate. Therefore, during the doctoral degree program, you have to prepare yourself and clear this NET examination.
15th June 2021, 06:22 PM
Msdhoni02

1. The candidate should have selected science stream in 11th class.

2. The candidate must have passed post graduation with minimum 55% from any university.

3. The candidate will have to pass NET exam to become a professor.

For more details, visit the website www.ugcnet.nta.nic.in.
17th June 2021, 05:30 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria to become a Biology Professor:-

✓ Educational Qualification:- Aspirants must have passed Master's degree with at least 60% marks in biology. After Master's degree you can give NET exam and further you can pursue your PhD. Once you clear NET exam you are eligible to become a professor in biology.
✓ Age Limitation:- There are no age criteria. Because many students choose this profession after getting prior experience, which proves to be beneficial in getting the job. Therefore, UGC has not set any age limit for lectureship post.

For further more details aspirants can visit into the official website of UGC NET exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?