10th September 2015, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

Why Engineers are doing PhD if they already have huge job opportunities available after B.Tech?

Hello Friends,
I am studying in B.Tech(Chemical Engineering). I have heard alot about PhD programs. But I don’t understand why candidates of Engineering stream choose to do PhD if already they can get job easily? Somebody please tell me, why?

24th September 2015, 10:02 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Why Engineers are doing PhD if they already have huge job opportunities available after B.Tech?

It is their personal choice. It is very hard to say why they choose PhD.
After the completion of PhD the jobs that are available pay a lot more than the jobs that are available right after the completion f B.Tech this is a reason.
Also the social respect associated with PhD Degree might be the other reason.
The rest also depends on the candidates personal choice and also what the candidate finally wants to become.
This may be the reasons in general for the candidates to pursue the course of PhD.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?