View Poll Results: Medical vs. Engineering, what do you think is better to opt after 10th?

Medical 253 44.39%
Engineering 317 55.61%
Voters: 570. You may not vote on this poll

9th March 2012, 04:12 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is better medicine or engineering?

The choice depends on the aptitude of the student. After a 4 year course in Engineering, you can land up with a decent job, but after 5 1/2 years you have to do another 3 year MD/MS to get a decent job. However, getting into engineering is much easier than in Medical. In India, the annual passout rate for 4 year Engg grads number a few lakhs while it is 30 thousand for 5 1/2 year Med grads. Interestingly in West Bengal, only IIT Kharagpur churns out 900 BTechs every year as compared to the same number of MBBS passing out every year.
Thus in medical you have to study, & study much harder & for a longer period than in engineering. The bottomline is Doctors have to look after humans & compared to machines by Engineers. The bottomline is Doctors have a much higher social standing.
9th March 2012, 04:33 PM
bappadityag

Default Re: what is better medicine or engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishalpandey11 View Post
Well if you are an average person then field of engineering is much suited for you.
In medical there is a cut throat competition as the number of seats is really low as compared to the total number of applicants.
Whereas in engineering there is ample number of good universities and colleges , so there is a good chance for an average person also to crack the entrance exam.

Also many people who have interest in biology should also opt for engineering as it offers a really great oppurtunities in field of Biotechnnology and Bilological Sciences Research an Agricultural engineering.
It all depends on the aptitude of the student & his perseverance. After a 4 year Engg degree you can land up with a decent job but after 5 1/2 years of MBBS you have to go for another 3 years of MD/MS to get a decent job. Getting into medical is indeed much tougher since in India the annual Engg grad are quite a few laks as compared to only 30 thousand MBBS passouts. Interestingly, about 900 Btech graduates passout out from IIT Kharagpur alone as compared to the same number of MBBS graduates from all the Medical Colleges in West Bengal.
Engineers look after machines while Doctors look after human beings. That is the reason they are respected next to God.
Bottomline is - Doctors have a higher social standing.
10th March 2012, 10:48 AM
Unregistered

Engineering of course have a prestige
24th March 2012, 07:36 PM
akanubhav

Arrow Re: What is better medicine or engineering?

Both are Reputed Streams........
If you are interested in exploring the technology and live in doing so ,then choose engineering.....
If you are interested in nature , phenomenons of human body , animals , medicines , wanna medically help people,........., then you should opt medical....
It's depend on your interest and taste , like me , i wanna be a CA having my mind perfect in Accounts and i opt Commerce and now wanna do B.com and additional CA...........
31st March 2012, 11:51 PM
Unregistered

do whatever u like guyz.......aal izz well............
1st April 2012, 01:21 PM
thinker

Medicine and Engineering both are good but engineering is better as India being a developing country and having goal to become super power in near future engineers are the firm based on which we can stand confidently. There is brain drain which must be totally stopped.
2nd April 2012, 11:29 AM
indianstar
Junior Member+

Today many students are opting medicine. But, I think engineering is better as per todays situation as India being developing country and to be superpower in near future engineers are required on large scale. Brain drain should be stopped. Engineering is the base of development of country's economy.
16th April 2012, 05:37 PM
Unregistered

Medical field is more bright in future coz students take herd decision...now d ratio for engineerin:medicine is 3:1 so after sum yrs der be scarcity of docs and den d field will be more paid and will be more important
17th April 2012, 10:50 PM
vinayaga2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddusajj View Post
friends decids which is better medical stream or engineering stream after tenth,which is going to help you,vote and decide
Medical is better than Engg if you look at the market Engg seats are merely available in the market through donation but Medicals Seats are will get but very high cost .minimum 6lakhs donation so the career also good in medicals
28th April 2012, 05:29 PM
abcxyzlenovo2
Member+

it depend on the student and the subject he / she is interested in....
i would have opted for engineering ...
29th April 2012, 05:49 PM
abcxyzlenovo2
Member+

It means that after the moderators check ur answers for its validity and then only it will be published...
20th May 2012, 12:28 PM
Sayyed Shahrukh

Cool Re: What is better medicine or engineering?

Hello Friend,

Today's world is techno crazy.

Everything from watch to satellites is due to technology,then why should' nt we choose engineering for career prospect.

Technology is spreading its wings throughout the universe,its reaches every corner of the world.

I am also Engineering student so suggest Engineering is better.

So Engineering is best.
Thank You!
25th May 2012, 05:56 PM
manikantapalli89

Location: g-1, vijaya sai enclave-1, plot no:2, near balaji public school, r.r.v puram-post, visakhapatnam-29

it depends on the the interest of the student to opt for the best. Medical and engineering hold their own position and its own importance.
Both are important for human beings, we can't neglect medical or engineering as both are of same importance to the society..
31st May 2012, 02:07 PM
GOUTHAMMADDY

The present generation is mostly favoring engineering because of its wide spread opportunities.Pursuing medicine requires a lot of patience and it is also a costly course when compared to engineering.The opportunities for medical students is very limited.Engineering is quite interesting compared to medicine as students come to know the upcoming trends in technology.
26th June 2012, 12:27 PM
epson

yes , this is a very hypothetical question . before answering this question i want to ask in terms of what you want to compare these 2 core paths.

see if you want to compare in terms of no.of successful persons in these 2 paths :

you can see that there are almost equal in both streams but one thing which we saw in these successful persons is they had desire , passion in their respectful streams this guided them to their success...
18th July 2012, 12:34 AM
Unregistered

I think medical is best bcoz it save our lyf thatswhy a doc is calld second god.
18th July 2012, 12:43 AM
Unregistered

I think medical is best bcoz it save our lyf thatswhy a doc is calld second god.
24th July 2012, 01:26 PM
snehasalvi

i m engineer so i like to say engineering is better than medicine..........
because consider technology it is increase our country professionalization.......

thank you...........
2nd August 2012, 03:31 PM
snehasalvi

hi
engineering is better than medicine.........
i m also engineer ................
i like new inventions always.............

thank you.
10th August 2012, 05:46 PM
Unregistered

thank you
very much
11th August 2012, 08:21 PM
Unregistered

according to my point of view MEDICAL FIELD IS AWESOME AND WONDERFUL.serving to mankind is like something serving to god.i really love it.the immense satisfaction which u get here is very good.so medical field is the best..........:):)
16th August 2012, 05:32 PM
i am sure
Member+

engg field is far better than medical because it has a lot of opportunities and gives easy jobs
1st September 2012, 02:04 PM
safiajen0055

In India, Both Professions are very valuable and students can make their career in any one of them...If You you are interested to make money as fast as possible, you just opt engineering because good job will be under your custody within 4 years after +2. A doctor requires 5 years M.B.B.S course to get into the stream and at least 4 years specialization to get a good reputed occupation.The Field Medicine and Engineering are different and Wide apart so This is difficult to Consider any one thing Better.
21st September 2012, 11:14 AM
Unregistered

The best profession world over is medicine followed by law (not engineering). In fact, engineering is not a profession in strict sense. Have you seen a mechanical engineer practising mech. engg. independently (out of any company)? Engineers are treated as skilled labour in any society. They are labour force nothing else. Indians due to large population and few opportunities available for their sustenance pick up careers out of compulsion and then they justify that engg. is better. Who does not know that medicine is a noble profession, but they also know that there are few medicine seats and so competition is fierce in India.
28th September 2012, 04:03 AM
surajm093

Both the two streams are good, choosing which field one has to go depends on the personal interest. I choose engineering because I love it.
30th September 2012, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

WHICH IS BETTER MEDICAL OR ENG?
MEDICAL IS BETTER
16th October 2012, 12:17 AM
Ashwinkumar9009

i like engineering there is no need to do hard work and medical should read hard work
26th October 2012, 05:41 PM
rocksabhijeet
Member+

Hi................,

For me both field are important and choice depend on interest........
* Both have social value
* Both tends to increase reputation
* Both are increasing standard of life
13th December 2012, 08:17 PM
ashis.career

Hi friend,
Well if you are an average person then field of engineering is much suited for you.
In medical there is a cut throat competition as the number of seats is really low as compared to the total number of applicants.
Whereas in engineering there is ample number of good universities and colleges , so there is a good chance for an average person also to crack the entrance exam.

Also many people who have interest in biology should also opt for engineering as it offers a really great oppurtunities in field of Biotechnnology and Bilological Sciences Research an Agricultural engineering.
17th January 2013, 10:05 PM
aakash arya

i would say.. medical line it is..
because today the quality of engineering education has fallen to a lower level to that initially created by 7 iit's.. this is because of many random engineering colleges coming up here and there.. they do teach students but they have no campus placements for their students which in a way wastes precious 4 years of a students life..
but if you are a medical student then even if you dont make it to a big institute or hospital.. you can still learn under some doctor and start working for your own.. provofing help to the diseased.. it will be of great social help considering the continuous increase in population which indirectly means more number of people getting ill.. so doing medical will open more opportunities for you..
19th January 2013, 11:56 AM
agiwalradhika65

i feel MEDICAL is life long stream.
engineering ends at age of 35 and medical begins from there.
both are valuable and all that is needed is students interest into the field.
But at the same time engineering is much easier than medical.
AND the fruits of hardwork are at the end of 4 years itself in engineering.
15th February 2013, 09:07 PM
Ashwinkumar9009

Medicine - The career starts after 30 - 35 years i.e you finish your MBBS by 23. Practice for 2 years or to opt for MS which will again take 3 years. If it is earlier, you will be about 26 or 28 when you finish MS. You have to practice a lot to become renowned and start your own clinic. So it takes 5 to 7 years. If you are that patient enough, you will be rewarded.

Engineering, career starts after 23 years and good pay if you join good companies.

But, Doctors are always special. If you are known as Dr.Ash, it will make you and your family proud. Country needs more doctors.
Source(s):
My best friend is a doctor. He is 28 and still got 1.5 years to complete MS and start his career. He was practicing for 12000 rupees before he joined MS.
14th April 2013, 06:57 AM
Unregistered

what the hell....frnds in today's world engineers r lying in the streets widout any jobs....bt hard work in medical leads to success...n leave abt duration...if a person has to achieve something then he mustnt b scared...first pririty is health...wi .....dout health r engineers gonna survive? india is declining in health status...n such goal oriented people must take medicine....engineering is common these dayzz..
17th May 2013, 02:08 PM
pearl wingett
Junior Member+

It alll depends upon our interest whether we are interested in medical or engineering.....we cannot say that which out of the two is better ..!!both the fields have equal job opportunities..so my vote is to both of them.
12th June 2013, 05:24 PM
Unregistered

Well I think both have their own status and importance but what one chooses depends on his or her interest not because of parental pressure or due to the views of the society .if one is good in bio and chem and is willing to serve then choose medicine or if money is your main priority then choose engineering .both play an important role in the development of mankind hence it is up to to the students to decide. I am a student from malaysia but had completed my higher studies in india thus know the situation of both the countries.
25th June 2013, 05:02 PM
r091372
Member+

Nowadays, Medicine is so important than Engineering. Because All the students are doing engineering. doctors are so important in these days because Environment is like that and so many people are ill. In this world, There are so many engineers just for degree but only some are going towards research.
26th June 2013, 12:09 PM
R091367

Both are better .based on your interst you have to choose which is suitable to you..we have lot of opportunity's in these both cases also.
28th June 2013, 11:49 PM
harishbanu

Hai,In my view both are equal if we have command over subject.If any one of them is waste, then no body will study that. But students are studying both means each one has its own uses and faults.
If any one interest in physics or in chemistry or in maths, then he is suitable to study engineering. And if any one interest in botany or in zoology,then he is suitable to study medicine.
9th July 2013, 11:47 PM
sukumar225143

I think engineering is better but in now a days Medicine a huge demanded course
16th July 2013, 12:35 AM
Ashwinkumar9009

it is good if you choose engineering it has high value in society so i suggest you to do engineering
15th August 2013, 04:32 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Hai friend
Both the medicine and engineering are the best career options for the student who completed 12th class.But to choose which course depends totally on your interest because you will be able to know about your capability and in which you withstand better.So,try to choose the course of your own interest then you can really suceed in your career and then you will have a bright future.
Thank You
15th August 2013, 05:07 PM
Aj Arya
Junior Member+

Engineering or medicine is not the matter with polling.
Each coarse is having the significance/Important roll in the society.
18th August 2013, 02:00 PM
Cholleti Niranjan

Location: I lived in my own village palivela,Nalgonda district ,andrapradesh.

Now a days medicine and engineering are two major fields.Most of the students are choosing these fields only.The student have to choose their stream based on their interest.Engineering can be done low cost than medicine.For engineering students whole college fee was paid by government under reimbersement programme.
21st August 2013, 06:17 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddusajj View Post
friends decids which is better medical stream or engineering stream after tenth,which is going to help you,vote and decide
friends it depends on one subject interest.we can not judge any particular filed.

if the field exist means it has its own importance .

for example engineering are develop new technology where are doctors are helping to cure from the disease or infection with the helpful of new technology..

so both are important.in the absence of one other can not exist.

thanks
20th September 2013, 10:15 AM
bhimpatibhargav

medicine is better but at the same time it is difficult to study and huge money paied
25th October 2013, 01:15 PM
Naresh2231

Engineering is better than Medicine. Because engineer leads the world. Technology is improving day by day, all the people want to use the technology
30th May 2014, 06:11 PM
Unregistered

I am 10th passed student with 9.4 cgpa. I like biology but in medical you will have study a lot also it takes 10 years to become a doctor whearas in engineering it is much easier to get job so what should I do.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?