26th June 2016, 04:38 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do M.Tech in Computer Science after completion of B.Tech in ECE?

I did my B.tech in ECE. Can I do my M.tech in CSE background that too software engineering? I have interest in that but am not sure if it will help to set a good career. Can someone please provide me the details on the same soon? Thanks!

27th June 2016, 06:13 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do M.Tech in Computer Science after completion of B.Tech in ECE?

Eligibility criteria to do M.Tech in Computer Science :-

The candidate should have passed B.E./ B.Tech. or equivalent in Computer Science/ Information Technology/ Electrical/ Electronics/ Electrical & Electronics/ Electronics & Tele-Comm./ Electronics & Instrumentation or MCA or M.Sc. in Computer Science/ Information Technology with at least 60 % marks from a recognized university.
27th June 2016, 10:04 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do M.Tech in Computer Science after completion of B.Tech in ECE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I did my B.tech in ECE. Can I do my M.tech in CSE background that too software engineering? I have interest in that but am not sure if it will help to set a good career. Can someone please provide me the details on the same soon? Thanks!
You have completed B.Tech in ECE, So you are not eligible to do M.Tech in Computer Science.

Those candidates who have completed B.Tech in CSE/IT, MCA, N.Sc in IT/CS from a recognized University are eligible for M.Tech in Computer Science.

Your age should be above 17 years.
27th June 2016, 05:39 PM
ant man

Sorry to tell that you are not eligible for m.tech software engineering because only b.tech cse or it candidates are eligible or m.sc computers are also eligible.

Instead of software engineering you can do m.tech in
1. VLSI design
2. Computer science and engineering
3. Information technology
4. Multimedia technology

Even after completing B.Tech ECE you can get job in software companies like
1. Tata Consultancy Services Mumbai
2. Infosys
3. Wipro
4. HCL Technologies
5. Tech Mahindra
6. Oracle Financial Services software
7. Mphasis
8. Mindtree
9. Hexaware Technologies
10. Cyient
11. Google
12. Microsoft etc

Otherwise if you are interested in software then you can also MCA course.
After completing MCA you can get job as
1. Software Developer/Programmer/Engineer
2. Troubleshooter
3. System Analyst
4. Software Application Architect
5. Software Consultant
6. Hardware Engineer
7. Technical Writer
8. Systems Developer/Engineer
9. Web Designer and Developer
27th June 2016, 08:12 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, I am sorry to say that you cannot get admission in M.Tech in CS after completion of your B.Tech in ECE as there is no such provision for it. You can however get admission in the above mentioned course if you have complete your B.Tech in CS, otherwise I am sorry to say that it is not possible.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?