15th April 2020, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to pursue MSc(Dietitian) after completing BSc(Nursing)?

Sir/Madam, I am interested to study MSc in Dietitian course. Currently, I am studying BSc in Nursing. Am I eligible for doing MSc in Dietitian after completing my BSc in Nursing? Kindly tell me about the eligibility criteria for me asap.

18th April 2020, 04:32 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to pursue MSc(Dietitian) after completing BSc(Nursing)?

Eligibility for M.Sc. Dietician-

- Candidates must have a bachelor's degree from a recognised University in home science or nutrition and dietetics of Food Science or biology or microbiology or clinical biochemistry or life sciences or BNYS(Naturopathy) or BAMS or PG Diploma in Dietetics with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.

Yes, you are eligible for M.Sc. Dietetics after B.Sc.Nursing because it is a biological Sciences course.
18th April 2020, 04:42 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to pursue MSc(Dietitian) after completing BSc(Nursing)?

As per the educational qualification, you are eligible to pursue M.Sc. Dietitian course after completing B.Sc. Nursing course.

Educational qualification-

Those who are having Bachelor's degree in home Sciences / medical / biosciences / Medical Sciences and allied medical are eligible to apply for this course.

Admission is based on the entrance conducted by the University.

Top universities-

-National Institute of Nutrition, Hyderabad

-University of Delhi

-University of Madras

-University of Mysore
22nd April 2020, 03:32 PM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Talking Re: Am I eligible to pursue MSc(Dietitian) after completing BSc(Nursing)?

Yes, you can apply.

B.Sc. Nursing course is a Biological science Graduation. Those who are having Bachelor's degree in Home Sciences/ Medical/Bio- Sciences, Medical Science & Allied Medical are eligible to apply for M.Sc Dietetics course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?