31st March 2015, 11:37 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study MCA after completing S.Y.B.Com with Computer Application?

Hello,
I am currently doing S.Y.B.Com.
I want to study MCA after my S.Y.B.Com.
I have Computer Application subject in my
S.Y.B.Com. Please tell me I am eligible or not?

4th April 2015, 10:31 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study MCA after completing S.Y.B.Com with Computer Application?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I am currently doing S.Y.B.Com.
I want to study MCA after my S.Y.B.Com.
I have Computer Application subject in my
S.Y.B.Com. Please tell me I am eligible or not?
As per educational qualification, you are not eligible for MCA admission.

MCA stands for Master in Computer Application.

If you have completed graduation degree from a recognized university with above 60% marks then you are eligible for MCA admission but Mathematics subject is compulsory in your throughout studies.
4th April 2015, 11:41 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study MCA after completing S.Y.B.Com with Computer Application?

* No, you are not eligible to pursue MCA after completion of second year B.Com even having Computer Application subject in 2nd year.

* You are required to wait for one more year to be eligible for doing MCA course.

* The basic educational qualification required to be eligible and to do MCA is "Graduation" or Bachelor Degree in 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 pattern from a recognized university.

* Hence I suggest you to wait for one more year to be eligible and kindly concentrate on B.Com studies first.

* You are required to attend Common Entrance Examinations for getting admission into MCA post graduate course.

* Make sure your percentage is more than 60% marks aggregate in your Graduation to be in safe side. (Some colleges may demand candidate to have minimum 55% marks only)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?