26th October 2019, 12:13 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study regular MCA after completing correspondence BCA(H) and having done 12th Biology?

Hi Sir, I am studying correspondence BCA(H) and after completing my Graduation I want to do regular MCA course. But my background is Biology in 12t standard. So, am I eligible to get admission and study MCA course?

31st October 2019, 12:19 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study regular MCA after completing correspondence BCA(H) and having done 12th Biology?

MCA stands for Master of Computer Applications and as the name suggests it is a professional postgraduate degree course with a very good career scope in software and IT world.

The basic qualification required to pursue MCA degree course is a graduation in any discipline but with Mathematics as a main subject (for a period of at least one year) either at Class 12th level or graduation level. Students, having opted for BCA/B.Sc. in CS/IT are eligible for MCA course through lateral entry.

So, having pursued BCA(H) degree course, you are certainly eligible to pursue MCA degree course even having not opted for Mathematics at Class 12th level academics.
31st October 2019, 01:53 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study regular MCA after completing correspondence BCA(H) and having done 12th Biology?

MCA stands for Master of Computer Applications. The BCA degree will be valid from correspondence mode if your university is approved by University Grants Commission and Distance Education council.

For Master of Computer Applications, mathematics as a subject in senior secondary board examination is required. If you have not studied Mathematics in 12th board examination then you can not apply for MCA course.
31st October 2019, 02:19 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of MCA is Master of Computer Application.

Eligibility criteria for MCA course:

1. You must have done bachelor's degree in streams like science, engineering, computer application etc.

2. Mathematics at 12th level is mandatory to pursue MCA course.

You cannot pursue regular MCA without studying mathematics at 12th level.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?