11th November 2016, 05:12 PM
Unregistered

Which is better, MBA in finance or international business for a bank PO job?

I have completed my graduation(B.Com)(accounts honours) and I am planning to do MBA, but after my MBA I want to work in a bank as a PO. Tell me MBA in finance or international business? Which will help me for recruitment in bank? Which way doing MBA, will give me additional benefits? Is the the other way of doing MBA and working as a PO alternatively possible?

Related Questions:
  1. Job prospects of masters international business in india? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Is MBA enough to have a good career ahead? Which stream is better between International Business and Finance for a B.Com graduate?
  3. Courses available in abroad for M.Com last year student?
  4. What should I do after 4 years graduation? I am a Maths(H) student
  5. Is International Business a good combination with finance? I am pursuing MBA in finance
  6. Which bank job is suitable for me being MBA in finance and marketing?
  7. What are the opportunities available for me after doing MBA in finance?
  8. Will it be worth to do MBA in international business in UK? What will be the job opportunities of Law+MBA course?
  9. What are the job options available for me if I have done MBA in International Business? Can I choose HR field to get a job?
  10. Hospitality Management or International Business, which is better to opt in MBA for brighter future? List of colleges which offer MBA in International Business/ Hospitality Management?
  11. How many courses are there after doing +3 commerce?
  12. What can I do after completing commerce?
  13. Is there any vacancy in Kotak Mahindra Bank for B.Com and MBA in Finance holder? How to get job in this bank? -- [New]
  14. Job Opportunities after M.Sc in International Business Management in India
  15. Am I eligible to do Internship in Barclays being an MBA(International Business) student? Is it helpful to get job in Abroad?
  16. Options available after finishing B.Com?
  17. Should I do MBA in International Business or MBA in HR?
  18. MBA in Airport & Airlines or MBA in Economics or MBA in Finance, which among these to study to get high salary job? List of reputed MBA colleges in India and Abroad?
11th November 2016, 10:01 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is better, MBA in finance or international business for a bank PO job?

In order to be eligible for applying for PO based jobs, I first suggest you to get the required eligibility criteria. The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in Bank PO recruitment is "Graduate Degree" in any discipline from a recognized board/ institute.

As any stream in Graduation is accepted, you don't need to worry about the eligibility criteria. And now it is fully up to you that to go to which stream in Post Graduation. I request you to go for pursuing MBA in the main stream you are mostly interested in.
12th November 2016, 12:41 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Which is better, MBA in finance or international business for a bank PO job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my graduation(B.Com)(accounts honours) and I am planning to do MBA, but after my MBA I want to work in a bank as a PO. Tell me MBA in finance or international business? Which will help me for recruitment in bank? Which way doing MBA, will give me additional benefits? Is the the other way of doing MBA and working as a PO alternatively possible?
Well, prefer MBA in finance which is closely related to Banking sector. After completing MBA in Finance you can join in Banking sector by qualifying in Bank PO or Clerk exam.
12th November 2016, 07:41 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Either of the field is good for you if you to opt for IBPS PO examination, but I would suggest you to opt for MBA in Finance as it will help you a bit ahead or MBA in international business in your bank job sector.

However, no need to worry if you go for MBA in international business, you will not be facing any drawbacks in your career ahead.
23rd July 2017, 04:07 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my b.com honors and want to pursue of mba but confused what to select as a specialization mba in finance or mba in international business?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?