29th July 2015, 11:38 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply in air force for any post after BA?

Hello sir, Sir I have done my graduation in Arts. Could you please help me solving one doubt? Can i apply for any post in air force after graduation with arts stream?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to apply in air force? I didn't opt mathematics in 10+2. What's the procedure and posts that can be applied for?
  2. Can I apply for any technical post in Air Force after passing B.Tech CSE?
  3. How to apply in Indian Air Force is form sent by Speed Post is not accepted?
  4. Which are the fields in Indian Air Force for Girls? How to apply for the post?
  5. How should I apply for Indian Air Force?
  6. Can I apply for officer post in Air Force if I have less than 60% marks in Graduation? -- [New]
  7. What should I do to join Air force after completion of my B.Com? What are the posts available in Air force for commerce students? What are the entrance exam I should write for that post?
  8. Can I apply for the dentist post in Indian Air Force after doing BDS at an age of 26?
  9. Various posts in Indian Air Force
  10. Will there be any chance for girls to work in IAF after completing M.Sc. Polymer Science?
  11. Procedure, Eligibility criteria, Fitness and physical criteria for girls to join Indian Air Force? What are the different branches and entrance exams for which girl candidates can apply? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. How to apply for Indian Air Force being a candidate of doing CPL?
  13. What is the age limit for Air Force job? At an age of 23 years can I join it? I am a diploma holder of computer science and technology
  14. How can I apply for Indian Air Force after completing BSc graduation?
  15. Can i join Air Force? i am a B.E. student
  16. How to join Indian Air Force? I am a BSc student
  17. Can a married man apply for officer post in Air force?
  18. How can I join IAF if I am a student of B.Tech(Female)?
31st July 2015, 12:45 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply in air force for any post after BA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, Sir I have done my graduation in Arts. Could you please help me solving one doubt? Can i apply for any post in air force after graduation with arts stream?
No, BA candidates are not eligible for India Air Force but you can apply for Indian Army through CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian Military academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19-24 years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19-25 years
31st July 2015, 07:28 AM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

To join as an Indian Air Force officer then you need to crack the CDS examination. CDS examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year as namely CDS I and CDS II. CDS examination is conducted for admission to Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force and Officer Training Academy.

Air Force Eligibility: You should have completed degree course from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. You must have studied Mathematics as important subject at intermediate level. Those who are studying in the final year of degree course may also apply. You must have attained the age of 19 years and must not have attained the age of 23 years.

If you are studied mathematics at intermediate or graduate level than definitely you are eligible to apply for Indian Air Force. Without having that subject, you are not eligible to apply.
31st July 2015, 10:11 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sorry that you are not eligible for Indian Air Force after completing B.A course. Basically there are two options to join in Indian Airforce. Only science stream students with Physics and Mathematics subjects are eligible.

Indian Air Force Criteria:

National Defence Academy-
- Aspirants should have passed class 12th from any State board or CBSE/ ICSE with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects.

Combined Defence Academy:
Aspirants must hold bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration from any recognized university in science stream with Physics and Mathematics as a main subjects. Aspirants appearing in their final year bachelor’s degree exam can also apply.

Being a B.A student you are eligible to join in Indian Army or Officer Training Academy through Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)

Official website - www.upsc.gov.in/
31st July 2015, 11:42 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply in air force for administration branch after BA.

Eligibility :
  • Candidate must have completed graduation degree in any discipline with minimum 60% marks from any recognised university.
  • Age of candidate must be from 20 to 26.
  • Candidate must be unmarried.
  • Candidate must be citizen of India.
31st July 2015, 12:48 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Air Force after completion of Bachelor of Arts. Short Service Commission conducts examination every year for candidates who are willing to join Air Force in Logistics and Administrative branches. The basic educational qualification required in order to be eligible for joining this is Graduation from a recognized university and must have studied Mathematics and Physics at 10+2 level. The minimum age required to join Indian Air Force is 19 years and the maximum age must not exceed 23 years. You need to give AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test) which is conducted by Air Force Selection board. Since the basic educational qualification required is "Graduate Degree" I can say that you are eligible to appear in AFCAT examination and there by join Indian Air Force.
31st July 2015, 07:32 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for Ground duty branch of Air Force through AFCAT exam with your qualification.

AFCAT stands for Air Force Common Admission Test.

The AFCAT exam is conducted for 3 branches namely Technical Branch,Flying branch and Ground duty branch.

The eligibility criteria required for AFCAT are as under :-

Educational Qualification :

For Technical Branch: Bachelor of Engineering .

For Ground duty branch : Graduation in any stream .

For Flying branch :Graduation in any discipline along with 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics .

Age limit :

For Technical Branch: 18 - 28 years

For Ground duty branch : 20 - 23 years

For Flying branch : 19 - 23 years .
28th June 2018, 10:53 PM
Unregistered

If I have completed my graduation from honours degree (maths) then can i apply for flying branch
12th January 2019, 05:31 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir! can i join Indian air force arts student after completed my graduation honours in history and i have also completed my computer skills ( pgdca and advance pgdca.)
sir please reply now!
25th April 2019, 01:01 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir! can i join Indian Air Force,arts student after completing my graduation honours in political science.?
12th May 2019, 02:29 PM
kidzeee
Senior Member+

Yes, Arts student can very well join Indian Air Force as Officer/Airman. In case of Officer, Arts student can apply for Flying as well as Ground Duty Branch. For Flying branch candidates should have studied Physics+Maths subjects in 12th class. For ground duty branch it is not mandatory.

Apart from NDA, CDSE, EKT, AFCAT examinations, IAF also conductes FTS (Fast Track Selection) . You can attend the same. You will have to pass written examination, SSB interview, Medical Test and qualify All India Merit List.
21st May 2020, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

Sir,can i apply in air force for flying branch..?i was completed my graduation in English honours.
3rd February 2021, 02:52 AM
Unregistered

Can women be a part of para military force if yes then how what was the system or qualifications wants
6th October 2021, 12:32 AM
Unregistered

sir i have completed my 12th with maths and physics but now i am doing BA...can i apply for airforce (afa) in cds ??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?